BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-20-2014, 08:50 AM   #199
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

- just spotted this on YouTube. assuming a recent video - it has the X-Line wheels on it..

Found it quite interesting as same as what I am getting apart from mine is Manual with Mocha Interior.. I am assuming it is Sapphire Black..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #200
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Wheels are for demo purposes only, they swap them over with square ones when you drive it away
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #201
mike333
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 30D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
- just spotted this on YouTube. assuming a recent video - it has the X-Line wheels on it..

Found it quite interesting as same as what I am getting apart from mine is Manual with Mocha Interior.. I am assuming it is Sapphire Black..
Could it be this one.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...7500?logcode=p
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #202
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Wheels are for demo purposes only, they swap them over with square ones when you drive it away
      10-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #203
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Haha very good! Square wheels they better not!

Right with me expecting my car soon and not owning a BMW before (or even ever driving one) is the dealer servicing package worth it. I do about 12,000 miles a year?

I am getting on lease but assume i can contact local dealer to get the service package activated if it is worth it?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #204
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
Right with me expecting my car soon and not owning a BMW before (or even ever driving one) is the dealer servicing package worth it. I do about 12,000 miles a year?

I am getting on lease but assume i can contact local dealer to get the service package activated if it is worth it?
The Service Inclusive packages are (nearly) always a worthwhile buy
      10-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #205
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
The Service Inclusive packages are (nearly) always a worthwhile buy
It depends how long you are keeping it .. Although since they dropped it from 60k to 50k it is not quite as good

On 12k pay you would look at the first service after about 18 months and second at 3 yrs at about 250-350 each. Add in the brake fluid change at another 200 at 36 months and it becomes value

If your lease is 24 months then probably not worth it

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #206
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
It depends how long you are keeping it .. Although since they dropped it from 60k to 50k it is not quite as good

On 12k pay you would look at the first service after about 18 months and second at 3 yrs at about 250-350 each. Add in the brake fluid change at another 200 at 36 months and it becomes value

If your lease is 24 months then probably not worth it
Well, yes that's true if you're on a very short lease - we got ours for a (slightly) discounted £399 so it doesn't take much more than 1 service to start saving money
      10-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #207
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the replies - Sorry should have said length of lease is 48mths.. So I could get away with no additional service costs at all on top of the package? Also is Service Plus Inclusive any good? And what is a Windscreen Wiper Blade Runner!?!

Last edited by bounderboy; 10-21-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #208
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Thanks for the replies - Sorry should have said length of lease is 48mths.. So I could get away with no additional service costs at all on top of the package? Also is Service Plus Inclusive any good? And what is a Windscreen Wiper Blade Runner!?!
There's a Harrison Ford joke in there somewhere but I'm too tired to find it ... even with his surname being a car brand.
      10-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #209
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:

They have effectively cut out one service from the pack as at 60k miles it would have caught the third service which normally comes in the low 50's

Given that May come after 4 years a lot of dealers are now offering cut price servicing on cars four years and older so not too bad a hit

My dealer will even top the oil up free of charge as part of the package between services .. So yes no other service costs for the duration. No brainier I reckon.

As for service plus ... Can't see the point myself

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #210
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Surprisingly my local dealer here in lancs has a new unregistered pre lci SE 20d in the showroom.

I do wonder what the story with that one is and where it has been for the last few months?

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 04:09 AM   #211
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Just been informed that the 607 wheels are not available. Yet BMW still are advertising the Xline with them on, disgraceful ! My dealer offered me the 19" ......for £800. Cheeky #%€$
      10-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #212
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfalife View Post
Just been informed that the 607 wheels are not available. Yet BMW still are advertising the Xline with them on, disgraceful ! My dealer offered me the 19" ......for £800. Cheeky #%€$
Exactly the same. But car is enroute so don't even have option to upgrade (even at cost)..

Also from the communication with BMW they are clear that the wheels are not in temporary supply problems they are discontinued altogether. Which is even worse.

Options are to accept wheel replacement or cancel.. been waiting since May and my current car goes back next December.. so don't know what to do.. I wanted those wheels..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #213
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfalife View Post
Having read the posts by yourself and bounderboy, and being somewhat concerned I rang my sales guy this morning and asked the relevant questions re the delays and the wheels.

He states that the wheels are not discontinued, but yes there have been delays on 2014 orders, but that my car going into 2015 build is not affected at this time.

When i put your scenarios to him his response was that the change would have been made by the supplying dealer to negate the delay in build. He stated that BMW UK would have communicated the delay and options to the ordering dealer who would have made the decision on the customers behalf to replace the 607's with the NCO 605's

He stated that he had two cars affected and that they had upgraded the customer to the 19's

He intimated that that is what is likely for my car if the delays continue and my car becomes affected.

I would trust his take on it as my car is coming direct from BMW UK and not through the franchised dealer network and he works for BMW UK. He is pretty on the ball and straight to the point.

Sorry if this throws more mud into the waters

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #214
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Exactly the same. But car is enroute so don't even have option to upgrade (even at cost)..

Also from the communication with BMW they are clear that the wheels are not in temporary supply problems they are discontinued altogether. Which is even worse.

Options are to accept wheel replacement or cancel.. been waiting since May and my current car goes back next December.. so don't know what to do.. I wanted those wheels..

Bounderboy ... see my reply to halfalife .. Andy

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #215
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Andy - I am not sure if my broker was talking to BMW UK or BMW something else but waiting till next year is not an option for me even if they did make them again..

TBH the 605's are probably more practical to me than the 608's more expensive tyres, harsher ride (i assume), and more heartache when my wife is parking near a kerb..

Any other benefits people can shed on 605's :-) My broker is exploring options for what they can do to sugar coat the pill. They better not offer a hat and keyring!

Trying to think what dealer fit options could be acceptable - only thing is tow bar... what else do they fit at dealers? Connected services pack.. thought I have only the business satnav so not sure if that works...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #216
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Andy - I am not sure if my broker was talking to BMW UK or BMW something else but waiting till next year is not an option for me even if they did make them again..

TBH the 605's are probably more practical to me than the 608's more expensive tyres, harsher ride (i assume), and more heartache when my wife is parking near a kerb..

Any other benefits people can shed on 605's :-) My broker is exploring options for what they can do to sugar coat the pill. They better not offer a hat and keyring!

Trying to think what dealer fit options could be acceptable - only thing is tow bar... what else do they fit at dealers? Connected services pack.. thought I have only the business satnav so not sure if that works...
I was thinking of something like sun blinds (£300+ to buy) + window tinting perhaps. All massively marked up so shouldn't cost them too much in real terms.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #217
2touch
Rep
Drives: X3 2015 2.0 SE

Car delivered to me at home today. Ordered on 30 March so was quite a long wait.

SE 2.0 in solid black with black leather (I don't like to stand out from the crowd!)

Only option I paid for was the sports steering wheel which feels pretty nice. I was happy with the generous standard spec anyway and wanted to keep costs down. I took it for a spin and have to say I love everything about the car.

Long may it continue!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #218
gazzer666
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2touch View Post
Car delivered to me at home today. Ordered on 30 March so was quite a long wait.

SE 2.0 in solid black with black leather (I don't like to stand out from the crowd!)

Only option I paid for was the sports steering wheel which feels pretty nice. I was happy with the generous standard spec anyway and wanted to keep costs down. I took it for a spin and have to say I love everything about the car.

Long may it continue!
nice photos please.....
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #219
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Yes please be good to see some more uk pics
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #220
2touch
Rep
Drives: X3 2015 2.0 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
nice photos please.....
Is if possible to post photos directly from my iphone?
Appreciate 0