BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d

Factory build timeline

Hey all,

I put in my order but my dales guy has not been the most communicative.

For those of you that have placed factory orders, what was your timeline like from day you placed your order.

Not sure if I'm being impatient, but it's been seven days since he contacted me after I placed my order. No word on what to expect or when.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #2
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Orders are built based on dealer allocation. Has your dealer told you when they have an allocated slot which they will assign to your build?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 12:31 AM   #3
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Typical time for delivery in the UK is 4-8 month - there is a lucky guy who got his car after 2 months - for Sweden 4-6 months since we are on the "right" side of the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #4
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
Orders are built based on dealer allocation. Has your dealer told you when they have an allocated slot which they will assign to your build?
Not yet. He just sent me a PDF of a Vehicle Inquiry Report. Seemed like a generic form listing selected options with no specifics like date or VIN.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 03:07 AM   #5
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d BMW M2 CS

Depends where you are. It took 3 weeks from first placed the order to the actual delivery on the dealer's lot. Just like 02420X3 said it's up to the dealers allocations.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mge92 View Post
Depends where you are. It took 3 weeks from first placed the order to the actual delivery on the dealer's lot. Just like 02420X3 said it's up to the dealers allocations.
Thanks. Three weeks? Wow that was great timing! I'm in NorCal and ordered from a fairly established dealership. I'm not in a rush or anything, I just hate feeling like I'm in the dark.

In one of his messages he did mention that they had "production spots available immediately"...so that sounds like a good thing...

By the way...how do you like that exhaust? I'm ordering a 35i, but if the sound note isn't what I am going for I was wondering if the SuperSprint may be that great V8 sounding growl.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #7
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by exilio View Post
Thanks. Three weeks? Wow that was great timing! I'm in NorCal and ordered from a fairly established dealership. I'm not in a rush or anything, I just hate feeling like I'm in the dark.

In one of his messages he did mention that they had "production spots available immediately"...so that sounds like a good thing...

By the way...how do you like that exhaust? I'm ordering a 35i, but if the sound note isn't what I am going for I was wondering if the SuperSprint may be that great V8 sounding growl.
You are lucky with the 35i because you have a lot more options in terms of exhaust systems unlike the 28i. One way to go is supersprint which i will attach a video of below but there is also Remus, but depending on how much of a growl you would want, I would suggest getting a custom muffler done along with a catless downpipe. I would also add a custom flash tune to it which will also can be coded to remove the engine check light. Even if you just go for a catless downpipe it should make more noise.

It depends how much you are willing to spend but I would suggest start with a catless downpipe first and see how you like it. If you want more sound don't mind spending an arm and a leg go for supersprint full exhaust but if you don't just get a custom muffler made. But if you want a complete package check out flash tunes. There is a shop named Info@EnzoPerformance I am going to on the east coast next week to get a flash tune and in terms of numbers for the 35i they are getting +80 whp and +180 wtq with just a new air filter and downpipe. In terms of west coast the one I have heard good things about is GSR Autosport .

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #8
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks, MGE...great feedback. I suspect I will keep it simple and go with a Remus exhaust from the axle only. I don't have the fortitude to go catless like your brave soul. ;-)

And in a related note...because of the lack of communication on purchasing my car I am calling the dealer today to cancel with them and purchase through another.
Appreciate 0