BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #1
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Reverse/undo service reset

Ok, bit of an odd request this one.

Car has BMW maintenance pack for 5 years, was last in for service in 2013, so is due it's next service with BMW.

The Thing is the Mercedes dealership I bought the car from used, has done its own service, stamped the book and reset the dash?? Why when it has a maintenance pack I ask?

So, what do I do now, I'm owed a service by BMW as per maintenance pack, I also want the stamp in my history of course.

Called local BMW, they told me if the car isn't asking for a service we can't service it? I explained the above to him, which to me makes perfect sense, but he repeated 'computer says no'.

So if I can unreset the service back to wanting a service, then bingo, or maybe call BMW UK and see what they say.

Any ideas guys..

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

The best way to resolve it is to go into the local garage and get them to read the key in the key reader at the service desk.

At this stage you will be able to discuss with them what has happened. If BMW paid the Mercedes garage for the service that you discuss above then they will not pay again.

It is worth noting that BMW will not pay any servicing costs to any garage if it is not called up by the Condition Based Servicing regime for your car, whilst it is inside the Service Pack.

I know this because purely by coincidence my car had its first servicing on Wednesday 15th July at 17,250 miles. At the time I asked them why they had not carried out the 2 year brake fluid replacement because the car says the next servicing is due 9/2016, whereupon I was advised that they BMW would not pay for it because the later cars have had this servicing changed from 2 to 3 years.

Cheapskates... BMW! How to save a little bit more money! This is has only happened on the later cars.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Thanks for the reply peter..

They haven't paid for the service, Mercedes just did this as part of there inspection, what they should of done was take it round to the local BMW dealership and got them to service it under the maintenance plan. Which would of cost them zero.

They wern't even aware that the vehicle had a service plan on it, I actually pointed it out when i collected it.

Think I may call BMW UK in the morning to see what the deal is.

As it stands BMW haven't paid for the latest service, so under the plan the vehicle is still due a BMW service, just depends on how awkward they want to be.

In reality it wouldn't be a big deal for them to service the car and reset the computer based on the last BMW stamp in the book, which was 2 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
...At the time I asked them why they had not carried out the 2 year brake fluid replacement because the car says the next servicing is due 9/2016, whereupon I was advised that they BMW would not pay for it because the later cars have had this servicing changed from 2 to 3 years.

Cheapskates... BMW! How to save a little bit more money! This is has only happened on the later cars.
My 2013 had a max oil change interval of 15,000 miles. Since then they have switched to 10,000 miles, but BMW says for my car it remains 15,000. Sounds like BMW retroactively updates or doesn't update service intervals for older cars in whatever way is cheapest for them.
Appreciate 0