BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
jsplayin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Are mirrors supposed to auto adjust?

Quick question, are the mirrors supposed to auto adjust depending on which key you unlock the car with? My wife and I both use the car and its driving me nuts that the seats adjust into position but then I have to manually adjust the outside mirrors. Is there a setting that needs to be enabled for this to happen automatically?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
jk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 x3 35i

yes, the mirrors are supposed to autoadjust along with the driver's seat. is the "mirror changeover switch" in the [driver's side] left position? i know that's necessary for the passenger side mirror to tilt down when in reverse. perhaps it also enables the memory fn. i'd also check under "settings" in the idrive.

Last edited by jk; 02-17-2012 at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
hkwallace328
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, X5 4.8I

i think there is a issue with the software. If the car is sitting for a while it will not recall the mirror position. However if u just switch the keys right after u unlock than loock the car with another key it will recall both the mirror and the siting position
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

They both work fine on mine but you have to mindful of the difference between the last position the mirrors and seat were in and the saved positions 1 and 2. Switching profile will always set the last position not one of the saved positions. You don't need to lock the car or get out in order to switch. Just switch off the ignition and then press unlock on the key fob that you wish to switch to

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0