BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-15-2021, 08:30 AM   #1
iVladimir
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 xDrive 35i

Question Interface EPS: Rotor position sensor malfunction

Hello!
Immediately I apologize for the clumsy translation, I write through the google translator.
BMW X3 F25 35i xDrive (US) 2015.
There was a knock on the steering rack.
They took it off, turned off the EPS and took it to the restoration. After restoration, they were assembled and put in place. The knock is gone, everything works fine. There are no mistakes on the kombi, the steering is excellent. But when diagnosing Ista+, it discovers two errors and cannot be removed in any way.
1. D01B2A Signal (actual position of EPS, 51.0.2) is not valid, the sender the EPS
2. 482452 Interface EPS: Rotor position sensor malfunction (steering wheel angle index), belt misalignment detected
The commissioning process runs without errors and ends successfully, but the errors persist. The ISTA+ offers to replace the EPS. I have another steering rack from BMW X4 F26 i28 xDrive (US) 2016. I tried to install it entirely, tried to take from it only EPS - nothing helped. These two errors remain. They do not interfere with driving, but it is not right to have errors in the steering. At the BMW service they told me the same thing as Ista+ - to change the steering rack. But firstly, it is very expensive, and secondly, as I already wrote, I have another steering rack and its replacement does not help.
And if there is a lot of information on the Internet for error code D01B2A, then it is not relevant in my case, since it is associated with other reasons. But on the second error code 482452 on the Internet there is not only information, not even mentions of any. I just do not understand where I should look for a malfunction. What is this rotor position sensor and where is it located? Is it possible to buy it separately and replace it? If so, what is his BMW part number?
Help me please! Thanks in advance.
P.S. I am attaching a screenshot with errors. Unfortunately, the program interface is in Russian.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 03:59 AM   #2
nimametal
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93,Audi A4 B7

Hey Bro,did you resolve your issue?
Appreciate 0