BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

POI's - How Show Only Along Route?

During a 400 mile drive yesterday we wanted to see "Rest Areas" along our route. So, I went to "Custom" on the POI menu and checked only "Rest Areas". Symbols of "Rest Areas" then appeared all over the map, cluttering up metropolitan areas so bad it was not possible to see the major roads when moderately zoomed out. It was OK when not in built up areas but Philadelphia, for example, was mostly symbols unless zoomed right in to the immediate local area.

Is there any option or control to limit POIs to just the current route? Even my cheap Garmin's can limit POIs to the current route so I assume the BMW system can do this too.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

OK, I solved most of the problem.

I found the grey boxes were not a POI designation but were locations for traffic alerts. All the various alerts were checked in the appropriate menu so I unchecked all of them. All the boxes then disappeared.

Even with all the boxes unchecked, yellow road alerts still appear but now only along the route and this is good.

I did experiment by activating some POI's but there still does not appear to be a method to see POI's only along the route. Hard to believe this feature does not exist. For example, I checked to see fuel stops but now gas stations appear everywhere detrimentally cluttering up and even obscuring some areas
Appreciate 0