BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
Snowman73
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport Deep Sea Blue

Idrive Failure

The other day I left my car in a supermarket car park for 20 minutes. On return, I got in and started the car and noticed that the DAB radio was now playing AM - and had lost my pre-set stations. When I engaged reverse the parking sensor display did not come up on screen and so I decided to select nav and nothing happened. When I pressed the menu - I had lost all of my bluetooth, options and was basically left with a couple of menu options. The car didn't even know what country it was in, what time - nothing at all. It even showed up a picture of a 3 series when I went into vehicle info. It didn't even know that I had a professional sound system and said Bang and Olufsen.

Took it straight to the dealer who said the software had corrupted - they re-installed everything and its been fine ever since.

Has this happened to anyone else?

This car was brand new on 29th March 2013! Not impressed!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
2013 3.0d X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

I have an ongoing problem with mine where every couple of weeks, the nav screen does not come on at all. When it finally does, settings have not been lost.

Hopefully the software update on yours will be a permanent fix!

The spec of your car looks great by the way!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
Snowman73
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport Deep Sea Blue

Thanks! I spent a long time picking the spec - but you know how it is - the price just keeps going up and up. I do absolutely love this car - although it makes me realise how good my 10 year old 330d was with 153k on the clock.

I must get the record for the most views of this thread without a reply - surprising actually as if you do a search there are loads of posts for other series with idrive problems.

One thing I have noticed since I got the car back is that all of the roads in the satnav are in colour now - they were grey before. I am hoping that when the car was built in the states, they installed an older version and now I have the new German version.

Fingers crossed. Other than this, car is fantastic.

Really pleased.

__________________________________________________ ___________2013 3.0d X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
Appreciate 0