BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Gadgetz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D MSport

Why Germany First?

I've now been informed by my dealer that our X3 has arrived in Germany for some quality control. Surely they must go though QC before leaving the USA - does anybody have anymore information as to why this has to happen? Why couldnt it come straight to the UK - perhaps a logistics problem. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetz View Post
I've now been informed by my dealer that our X3 has arrived in Germany for some quality control. Surely they must go though QC before leaving the USA - does anybody have anymore information as to why this has to happen? Why couldnt it come straight to the UK - perhaps a logistics problem. Thanks
From all the research I did tracking mine, the ships rarely go straight to the UK and often will stop off in Germany (and other ports) first. As far as I'm aware they do not get offloaded so I think the QC explanation from your dealer maybe be a bit of BS ! The PDI and prep is all done in the UK.

If you can get your actual build date you should be able to narrow it down to one or two ships that it will be on which should give you an indication of its arrival in the UK. Don't rely on the dealers system as mine was still showing 'departed plant' when it arrived at the PDI centre.

MS
      07-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #3
Desmoduece
ESA Vorderbau X3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

There are hundreds of points of QC here at the plant. The only cars that are unloaded are for that part of Europe. Then they load the cars built in Germany that are headed for the rest of the world, that way they always have a full shipment. So yeah dealer BS....
Appreciate 0