BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Which dealership in NYC?

Hey all,

I'm trying to schedule my first appointment for service. I've been routinely reading bad reviews for all dealerships in the 5 boroughs. The closest one to me, Ralleye, is not taking any new customers. Going to NJ is too much of a hassle for me. I'm more willing to venture out into LI, like Freeport. Another one I was considering was Manhattan or Bayside.

Any other recommendations? Or has the quality of service for some of these NYC dealership improved over the years?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #2
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriv3 View Post
Hey all,

I'm trying to schedule my first appointment for service. I've been routinely reading bad reviews for all dealerships in the 5 boroughs. The closest one to me, Ralleye, is not taking any new customers. Going to NJ is too much of a hassle for me. I'm more willing to venture out into LI, like Freeport. Another one I was considering was Manhattan or Bayside.

Any other recommendations? Or has the quality of service for some of these NYC dealership improved over the years?

Thanks!
Brooklyn Native here and still live in Brooklyn. I purchased my lease at Freehold BMW in NJ. I always bring my car their for service and anything major, and they are fabulous IMO. But with that being said, anything small, such as a flat tire, I bring it to the BMW service shop in Brooklyn on 2nd ave. They have been better than I originally remember back 5 years ago (It was horrible). Now they expanded the shop to about 40 lifts in total and have more staff. I also know one of the service advisors very well. His name is "Neill Garoogian". Mention my name like this, "Sean, with the white X3 M-Sport from Outback Steakhouse" He will take care of you. The only reason I go to Freehold is because I'm guaranteed a loaner no questions asked. Hope this helps, remember it's not what you know but who you know. Have a great day and goodluck
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Thanks Sean!
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2015, 07:31 PM   #4
happy_chrissy
Rookie
Rep
Drives: 2015' X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriv3 View Post
Hey all,

Thanks!
I didn't buy my X3 from Rallye but wrote a letter to the Service Manager and they allowed me to go their for service. So now I am happy because it is 10 minutes away versus going to Oyster Bay or Smithtown(where I brought it).
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 07:58 AM   #5
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Astounded !

Car dealer not accepting any new customers ?

Wrote a letter asking if they'd accept my business ?

Wtf .. America is some crazy place .. Lol

So glad I Iive in the free world, even if it rains a lot !

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #6
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Astounded !

Car dealer not accepting any new customers ?

Wrote a letter asking if they'd accept my business ?

Wtf .. America is some crazy place .. Lol

So glad I Iive in the free world, even if it rains a lot !

Rain in Lancashire! Whatever next? You will be telling me there are BMW garages there too.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #7
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_chrissy View Post
I didn't buy my X3 from Rallye but wrote a letter to the Service Manager and they allowed me to go their for service. So now I am happy because it is 10 minutes away versus going to Oyster Bay or Smithtown(where I brought it).
I am a Rallye BMW customer... Is this true? I never knew that if you didn't buy it there, they weren't accepting other customers for service. I've always been pleased with their service.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #8
happy_chrissy
Rookie
Rep
Drives: 2015' X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
I am a Rallye BMW customer... Is this true? I never knew that if you didn't buy it there, they weren't accepting other customers for service. I've always been pleased with their service.
yep. it s true. Ask them next time you go in for service if they accept new cars for service..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #9
VinX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
Brooklyn Native here and still live in Brooklyn. I purchased my lease at Freehold BMW in NJ. I always bring my car their for service and anything major, and they are fabulous IMO. But with that being said, anything small, such as a flat tire, I bring it to the BMW service shop in Brooklyn on 2nd ave. They have been better than I originally remember back 5 years ago (It was horrible). Now they expanded the shop to about 40 lifts in total and have more staff. I also know one of the service advisors very well. His name is "Neill Garoogian". Mention my name like this, "Sean, with the white X3 M-Sport from Outback Steakhouse" He will take care of you. The only reason I go to Freehold is because I'm guaranteed a loaner no questions asked. Hope this helps, remember it's not what you know but who you know. Have a great day and goodluck
They still suck!!!! I have horrible experience with him. Seemed to be a good dude in the beginning but he left on vacation and didn't transfer my case to anybody else, and my car was left in the lot for 2 weeks w/out anybody knowing about it. Nobody cared to check on it until I threw a tantrum. On that visit which became my last, they left a huge dent on the door and initially, the manager agreed to pay to fix the damage. However, they didn't accept responsibility and refused to pay after they found a few posts I said about them on the forums. Telling me my car was damaged outside the shop and refused to show me the pictures they took when I brought the car in. Did I mention? 1st visit, they left a wrench socket in my car, broken glass pieces on my dash (don't know it came from) and on the 2nd visit, they left a deep scratch on my seat and left the fuse box opened. Horrible dealership! I'll never bring my car there and will never purchase another car from them. If you care about your car, take it elsewhere.

Last edited by VinX3; 07-14-2015 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #10
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinX3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
They still suck!!!! I have horrible experience with him. Seemed to be a good dude in the beginning but he left on vacation and didn't transfer my case to anybody else, and my car was left in the lot for 2 weeks w/out anybody knowing about it. Nobody cared to check on it until I threw a tantrum. On that visit which became my last, they left a huge dent on the door and initially, the manager agreed to pay to fix the damage. However, they didn't accept responsibility and refused to pay after they found a few posts I said about them on the forums. Telling me my car was damaged outside the shop and refused to show me the pictures they took when I brought the car in. Did I mention? 1st visit, they left a wrench socket in my car, broken glass pieces on my dash (don't know it came from) and on the 2nd visit, they left a deep scratch on my seat and left the fuse box opened. Horrible dealership! I'll never bring my car there and will never purchase another car from them. If you care about your car, take it elsewhere.
Sorry you had a bad experience. Seems like bad luck. I've never had a problem. But then again I don't take it their for anything major. You never stated when this happened or what was wrong with your car.
Appreciate 0