BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Pictures / X3 35i / Deep Sea Blue / Mojave

Greetings,
Picked up the first week in February and I couldn't be happier. We have received tons of compliments. The Mojave is awesome and much darker than in the photos (only works with the Aluminum trim IMO). This is truly an incredible machine.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Nevada Mojave
Brushed Aluminum Trim
Sport Activity Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Cold Weather Package.
Comfort Access keyless entry
Premium hi-fi system
309 Run-Flats

Hope you enjoy the pictures,
kozzi
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
bluesmachine
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e blue/cognac

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
1998 BMW 328ic  [0.00]
Awesome. Lots of options! Cool!

Ok, I'll be the first to ask in this thread: Did you test drive a non Dyn Hand. Package and can you compare THAT X3 35 and the NORMAL setting on your car?

How is the ride quality when you compare the two?

thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
DCat
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Thanks for posting this! This is the exact color combination that I have on order but was close to changing the interior as I hadn't seen any good photos of it (see my other post)...now I think I'll leave it as is, especially if you say the actual is darker than your photos depict.

Also curious on ride with DHP vs non from your perspective, and the stereo upgrade-

Beautiful ride!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmachine View Post
Awesome. Lots of options! Cool!

Ok, I'll be the first to ask in this thread: Did you test drive a non Dyn Hand. Package and can you compare THAT X3 35 and the NORMAL setting on your car?

How is the ride quality when you compare the two?

thanks!!!
I am going to do exactly that next Wednesday when I (hopefully!) take delivery of my X3.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
I placed my order in late November and couldn’t test drive because no dealership I went to had a functioning 2011 X3. In mid January, I test drove the X3 35i with and without the DHP twice…once in NJ and then in MD. The roads in NJ are rough and honestly it was difficult to tell the difference between the two. In MD, on smoother roads, the DHP in normal mode felt like it held the road better…the suspension was tighter with shorter bounces.

I don’t pretend to be an automotive expert but that’s just how it felt to me. Maybe it has to do with the performance control (how the torque is split?), I am not sure… but it felt quicker so I was convinced it would accelerate faster. I wonder what mode the 0-60 times were done in…Once you try out Sport and Sport+ mode…there’s no going back. Getting the DHP is a must…imo.

Upgrading the stereo was easy for me…I love my music!!!

Don’t be afraid of the Mojave…It looks awesome with the aluminum trim. Wished BMW still offered Saddle Brown…

kozzi
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

DHP is great. Love having the option and I love the feeling of switching from Normal to Sport while driving -- highlights the sportier qualities to feel them change. It's just fun.
      02-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
gregoryw1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 30i

Garage List
2015 X3 35i  [0.00]
only problem with Sport & DHP is I'm fairly sure I'll end in trouble with our friendly policeman one of these days - its just too much fun to drive with that set up!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'm with you on that one. Really having to watch it. It's been a bit since I've been in a BMW and I have to tell myself, "Check the speedometer frequently to verify speed. Do not accelerate very long or you'll be going 100 . . . " Every "positioning" question seems so much more easily solved by accelerating into free space than slowing down -- who'd want to slow down? Easy to end up at the head of the pack a bit too far North of the speed limit!!
      02-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
gregoryw1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 30i

Garage List
2015 X3 35i  [0.00]
is it ok to switch between normal and sport while you are moving? or should you do it when stopped? or does it matter?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Can someone elaborate a bit more on the DHP and what it is? And is it an option for the 28i or part of a package of sort?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #11
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

You can absolutely switch it on the fly and it's fun! Be ready for the RPM change when moving from Normal to Sport, it can surge a little.

-Dynamic Handling Package
Performance Control
Dynamic Damping Control
Variable Sport Steering

The DHP includes the items above. You end up with a button that allows you to switch between Normal, Sport, and Sport+. Switching from Normal to Sport tightens the suspension, tightens the steering, switches the transmission into sport mode. Sport+ enables DTC (it's unclear to me whether the suspension, steering, and/or transmission become more sporty or not -- I can't detect it). At the flick of the button you can go from something like a "Comfort" setting to "Let's Rock".

I suppose those who own true M cars chuckle at this, but for me it's great.

It's a bit configurable. For example, you could have Sport switch the "Chassis" only (suspension and steering) and then if you wanted to add the transmission, you could kick the shift lever left to Sport. I still haven't tested what happens in this last situation when you go to Sport+; does it automatically do Chassis and Transmission? Or does it keep the Sport selections?