BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #45
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
Yeah, that black rectangle is a display screen. You can scroll through tracks and contacts and view them there. It also displays the OBD info.
Great, because I do recall having more "text" there on my test drive such as music and something else I can't recall atm.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #46
Waffle
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE

What's worse than specifying the Business Navigation package when most on this forum recommend the Professional to get the improved dashboard? ... to be offered a two week loan of an F10 with the Professional dashboard! I was really starting to worry about the standard dashboard but thankfully it's nowhere near as bad as I first thought. The biggest shock is moving from an Audi dashboard which in my opinion are way ahead of BMW but you quickly adapt and forget the past. In all honesty, there is very little difference between the two dashboards in normal operating mode (night or day) with the exception of the digital recuperation gauge. What are the odds that there will only be one dashboard come the first upgrade of this second generation X3.

Is it me or was it the paricular F10 I had the use of, because the F10 felt heavy on the steering and lacked something. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic car but the X3 felt so light and niumble in comparison

BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE
black sapphire | black nevada leather | wave wood | 19" double spoke alloys | xline | xenons | business advanced media package | electric seats | dab | extended storage | grey shade band | auto
Appreciate 0