BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-27-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
AlphaDogSquad
BMW X3 (F25) 2012
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25) 2012

BMW X3 (F25) 2.0D Modifications?

Hello guys and gals,

I own a BMW X3 F25 2012 2.0D - recently got it remapped from 181BHP to 230BHP and wanted to upgrade the air filter. However, I am shocked to find NOTHING AT ALL available for my model. My stock air filter is the oval shaped as that's the only one that fits my air box. Has anyone had luck finding a sport air filter to fit the air box or would it possible to get an air box from a different model and install that in instead?

Here's a photo of my air filter.

Any help would be much appreciated
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 08:45 AM   #2
andreigbs
Dr Drei
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3d

Garage List
'16 X3d  [0.00]
Keep your stock filter. Turbodiesels are not restricted by air intake, in fact they have more than plenty of flow which is precisely controlled by various sensors like the MAF, MAP, and others.

Performance gains will only be found by increasing fueling, along with the required boost. A simple ECU remap will provide 40-50hp and 80-100lbs-ft gains, all while on stock components.

My advice would be to visit the diesel subforum (https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=488) and do some reading on the mods available. Plenty of tuners out there (both good and bad), so do some research before parting with hard-earned cash.