BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #23
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent60 View Post
Perfectly said.
One day you will get old as-well that is a certainty. I can tell you this, that perhaps then you will be able to identify what quality looks like.

During my self employed business live I drove 2 Jeeps and 1 M-Class, we had our eye on the x3 to replace our now family car.

Good that some of us old people realize that BMW is heading down hill as far as quality is concerned. We therefore opted for a automobile were folks still have there focus on true quality.

Case in Point; MB at one time tried out the RFT and soon realized it was a pile of crap. So they discontinued the RFT option. Then someone whispered to them "Oh it is so much better now try it again" so they did only for a very short time. See they still cherish what there customers think about them.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 02-12-2011 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #24
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Clarkson, while sometimes entertaining, is an old man. Old people are creatures of habit, and thats why he only likes Range Rovers. Also, anyone that tries to climb a wet hill in an x6 with high-performance summer tires is a moron. There are plenty of videos on youtube of RR's stuck in similar situations wearing similar rubber…
Stereotype much? Blanket statements are usually wrong…I know plenty of "old" folks open to change - especially when they can see the benefit. Unlike the saying…Old Dogs can learn new tricks…it all depends on the trick.
      02-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #25
Argent60
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: A6 3.0t Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
One day you will get old as-well that is a certainty. I can tell you this, that perhaps then you will be able to identify what quality looks like.

During my self employed business live I drove 2 Jeeps and 1 M-Class, we had our eye on the x3 to replace our now family car.

Good that some of us old people realize that BMW is heading down hill as far as quality is concerned. We therefore opted for a automobile were folks still have there focus on true quality.

Case in Point; MB at one time tried out the RFT and soon realized it was a pile of crap. So they discontinued the RFT option. Then someone whispered to them "Oh it is so much better now try it again" so they did only for a very short time. See they still cherish what there customers think about them.
What an asinine statement. You have no idea how old I am and what I've experienced. For all the stories I've heard (and witnessed) about how BMW's quality is lacking, I've heard(and witnessed) many times more about Land Rover.
I have never boasted how wonderful the quality of any BMW is. My only point that I was making is that Land Rover isn't the "end all -be all" that Jeremy often says it is.

Previous = '08 535xi Sedan
Previous = '11 335is Cabrio
Current = '12 Audi A6
Appreciate 0