BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-05-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

X4 Sophisto Grey Msport 19" Wheel

In Paris (France), the X4 was presented to client in Sophisto Grey with the Msport package. Here is the source http://abcmoteur.fr/sorties/premier-...active-tourer/ with more pictures
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 04:57 AM   #2
perseval
Private
France
Rep
Drives: X4 G02 xDrive30i M Sport

Thank you SANK CH !

I think, I'll go soon to Paris...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 05:14 AM   #3
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

My Pleasure Perseval.

but I think the direct sun light in South France will make more justice to the Metallic finish of Sophisto Grey.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 03:33 AM   #4
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: X4 30d

Nice, thx for the picture link!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #5
petan
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D 2013

Melbourne red or sophisto

Need help urgently!

I have ordered a X4 3.0D M-sport, 19-inch, with leather interior and must decide colour tomorrow!

I am chosing between:
1) metallic Melbourne red with ivory white leather with red stitches (as on launch vehicle), or

2) Sophisto grey metallic with the same ivory white leather with red stitches, or light beige Oyster leather

Which of the three alternatives would you choose?

I have a white X3 today and have had black metallic E93 convertible before. I am afraid that Sophisto will be hard to keep clean and nice looking in Sweden; but I am afraid that Melbourne will look to young and sporty.

Really appreciate input from those that have seen them live!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
Yocal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X4 28i M Sport

Yea, the color you choose really depends on your personality and character. Picture yourself (in third person) in the car and the car on your driveway/outside your house.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #7
petan
Registered
Rep

Thanks for a response!
I like the melbourne red, but I am afraid in my job when I drive clients that it will look too juvenile.

Do you think the Sophisto is tough to keep clean, just like a black car?

Second question: Would you choose light beige Oyster or white ivory with red stiches together with Sophisto?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #8
Yocal
Private First Class
Rep

Maybe what you're asking is which color shows the most amount of dirt, and that depends on the kind of weather you have:
  • rain + dust,
  • snow + rock salt/grit,
  • water + mud
^ All of these are different colors and once dry, show differently on different body colors.

I ordered a Melbourne Red with Ivory white w/ red stitching and I have no idea how much maintenance the paint will require. I do want to have a clear bra installed on the car, though, which should make it easier to keep the car clean and protect it from getting keyed.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #9
petan
Registered
Rep

I am so dissapointed.
When I was going to change to Sophisto instead of Melbourne, the dealer said it was locked already even though he promised I could change.
Thanks anyhow.
Delivery in eof September
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #10
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

There is already an used X4 for sale in Norway!
X4 3.0D with 5000km

These are the 1st pics of the X4 M Package Sophisto grey and 20" Wheels. And the pics are very well done, we can see how beautiful Sophisto Grey is. I can't wait anymore mine
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 05:38 AM   #11
Yocal
Private First Class
Rep

Used X4 already? Weird. Must be someone with close ties to the bigwigs at BMW. Are you sure it's not this one?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 05:48 AM   #12
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH View Post
There is already an used X4 for sale in Norway!
X4 3.0D with 5000km

These are the 1st pics of the X4 M Package Sophisto grey and 20" Wheels. And the pics are very well done, we can see how beautiful Sophisto Grey is. I can't wait anymore mine
uuh, 114 000€

http://www.bilia.no/biler/personbile...l/#!cis=114970

But anyway nice photos
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 06:13 AM   #13
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
Used X4 already? Weird. Must be someone with close ties to the bigwigs at BMW. Are you sure it's not this one?
Hi Yocal, yes I m sure it is not. Sophisto Grey looks almost black, but under a strong source of light appear like dark chrome. Those pics do justice to the color

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT View Post
uuh, 114 000€

http://www.bilia.no/biler/personbile...l/#!cis=114970

But anyway nice photos
Congrats TurboT, you found the source. ummm € 114.000 for a used 30d, I think I m happy with the price I paid for my 35i. But of course in North you pay a lot of taxes.

Take the roof rails away, change the black leather with saddlebrown, and that how should looks mine in some weeks
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #14
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Take the roof rails away
For some reason the satinated roof rails are standard in some market area, is there any way to remove those ones, or are they bolt on ?

Just not sure if those satinated ones look ok or not.... black one might be better.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 08:51 AM   #15
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

We pay high taxes - both in Sweden and Norway - luckily we don`t pay as much as the Norwegians on cars - we produce cars - they don`t. Only oil.

It is unfair! I was allowed to look at a X4 yesterday at my dealer - but testdrives start July 14! While they, obviously, are driving since mid June in Norway.

The DEMO was a Melbourne Red M Sport, 19" wheels with white interior. Personally I think that classic cream would have been nicer - but I have seen that a lot of X3 guys love the white. Mine has black/grey interior.

Luckily I was satisfied with what I saw.

I agree that the rails are not nice - but I need to have them for my skibox. This year they only come satinated- next year also in black,
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #16
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
We pay high taxes - both in Sweden and Norway - luckily we don`t pay as much as the Norwegians on cars.

I agree that the rails are not nice - but I need to have them for my skibox. This year they only come satinated- next year also in black,
yea, same high taxes also here in Finland, base price for X4 30dA is 79k€.

About roof rails, do you think those could be wrapped with black (if not removable) ? I dont have ski box, so those satinated ones are kind of useless for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #17
Yocal
Private First Class
Rep

The vehicle Consumer Reports used for its review (YouTube) had the (ugly!) satin roof rails, although the US-version of the X4 doesn't come with them, thank goodness.

While I'm at it, BMW finally officially posted the X4 commercial on YouTube.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
For some reason the satinated roof rails are standard in some market area, is there any way to remove those ones, or are they bolt on ?
Just not sure if those satinated ones look ok or not.... black one might be better.
Hi TurboT, no I don't think you can take it off, once it has been build.

well it is not so awful. If you look on the pics of 2/3rd front view and pic of the side view it looks OK. On the pic 2/3 back view it is less elegant. But it remain a lot better than on the 1st gen of the X6.

Then observe this car in that color. Everything is dark even with the shadow lines. The front kidneys are shiny on a dark car. The rims are shiny with dark elements in the back. The roofs rails are shiny on a dark car. It remains on the same idea.

Quote:
It is unfair! I was allowed to look at a X4 yesterday at my dealer - but testdrives start July 14! While they, obviously, are driving since mid June in Norway.
I received an invitation for next Saturday to the BMW days, with X3 LCI, X4, 4gc, M3, M4. I hope we can at least drive it!

Quote:
yea, same high taxes also here in Finland, base price for X4 30dA is 79k€.

About roof rails, do you think those could be wrapped with black (if not removable) ? I dont have ski box, so those satinated ones are kind of useless for me.
And I was crying to the expensive price of my 35i almost full options... thank you TurboT, now I can realize that I m lucky

If you wrap it black, no sure it will hold. I have the roof rails on my X3. I use to sometimes put the ski on the roof with the bmw system. But the fixing system will hold too strong, and the wrap will go away the first time. I presume
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #19
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Hi TurboT, no I don't think you can take it off, once it has been build.

well it is not so awful. If you look on the pics of 2/3rd front view and pic of the side view it looks OK. On the pic 2/3 back view it is less elegant. But it remain a lot better than on the 1st gen of the X6.

Then observe this car in that color. Everything is dark even with the shadow lines. The front kidneys are shiny on a dark car. The rims are shiny with dark elements in the back. The roofs rails are shiny on a dark car. It remains on the same idea.

If you wrap it black, no sure it will hold. I have the roof rails on my X3. I use to sometimes put the ski on the roof with the bmw system. But the fixing system will hold too strong, and the wrap will go away the first time. I presume
Very good points, thanks! The 30d comes by default everything chromed and satined (grill, windows, roof rails) so maybe it will look ok with that combination in sophisto grau color, atleast I hope so. Didnt take xLine, just basic model. Estimated delivery beginning of September.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #20
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Very good points, thanks!.
You're Welcome
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 01:58 AM   #21
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

TurboT: unless you asked for it - there will be no rails on yours - unless the Finnish importer are specifying them on all vehicles.

BMW had originally planned not to have rails on X4 - but was forced by some importers- one of them being Sweden - to add them- as an option.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 03:58 AM   #22
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
Rep

Quote:
TurboT: unless you asked for it - there will be no rails on yours - unless the Finnish importer are specifying them on all vehicles.

BMW had originally planned not to have rails on X4 - but was forced by some importers- one of them being Sweden - to add them- as an option.
yea, seems satinated roof rails are standard in Finland even in base X4 20d model according to price list. So customer has no choise

And in case those roof rails are terrible, I may need to get them painted using this Plastidip product:

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/eStore/in...stage=1&menu=0

Atleast have heard very good feedback on that product, painting alloys as black or even whole car.
Appreciate 0