BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport

Anyone fancy a brand new X3 35D?

My replacement x3 is due to arrive in a couple of weeks time but I'm not so sure I want it.

the spec is as follows:-

X3 35D M Sport in Carbon Black
Oyster Nevada leather
Seat heating front
Fineline Wave Wood trim
M Sport suspension deletion
Visibility Pack
Extended Storage
Professional Navigation System
Electric Seat adjustment with Lumbar Support
Top View
Sun Protection Glass
19" Alloys
DAB
Professional Loudspeaker System
Exterior Mirrors - folding, auto dipping
Panoramic Glass Sunroof

If this interests anyone, please get in touch.
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Why don't you think you want it? Could it just be last minute nerves? You have ordered a great car.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Very nice spec. I suppose you've slightly fallen out of love due to needing a replacement or just fancy a change as the novelty has worn off. I'm interested that you deleted sport suspension - I find it really good. Do you have really rough (ie unmade) roads you drive on?
      07-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
Why don't you think you want it? Could it just be last minute nerves? You have ordered a great car.
Just not the car I thought it was going to be. I just dont feel it to be that "special". Done nearly 7000 miles in my original one now and cant say I'm that excited to be getting a brand new 2013 spec one in a couple of weeks to replace it. Hence the question, is anyone interested in it and avoid the wait?
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
Very nice spec. I suppose you've slightly fallen out of love due to needing a replacement or just fancy a change as the novelty has worn off. I'm interested that you deleted sport suspension - I find it really good. Do you have really rough (ie unmade) roads you drive on?
Have driven one with M Sport suspension and found it hugely uncomfortable with a very jittery ride. In fact BMW lent me one while I was waiting for my new one and I hated it and sent it back. Not that keen on the ride of mine at times to be honest and considered the adaptive suspension but would rather now just be rid of it completely.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

I'd love to have a 35D but BMW is building your car to drive "on the wrong side of the road"

The adaptive (dynamic dampers) make a huge difference.
      07-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by X35D For Me View Post
Have driven one with M Sport suspension and found it hugely uncomfortable with a very jittery ride. In fact BMW lent me one while I was waiting for my new one and I hated it and sent it back. Not that keen on the ride of mine at times to be honest and considered the adaptive suspension but would rather now just be rid of it completely.
That must be disappointing, what car are you looking at instead?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Just not the car I thought it was going to be. I just dont feel it to be that "special". Done nearly 7000 miles in my original one now and cant say I'm that excited to be getting a brand new 2013 spec one in a couple of weeks to replace it. Hence the question, is anyone interested in it and avoid the wait?
If I had the choice to change tomorrow after 15 months it would be 60/40 in favour of a change

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #9
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That is sad - I am very sorry to hear it. You may well get a buyer here (lovely spec car), alternatively, have you spoken to the dealer - maybe they can cut you a deal (so you don't loose you deposit)?

QT
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That is sad - I am very sorry to hear it. You may well get a buyer here (lovely spec car), alternatively, have you spoken to the dealer - maybe they can cut you a deal (so you don't loose you deposit)?

QT
No deposit to lose. I've already bought my X3 in January. The one that's due in 3 weeks is the replacement as I've rejected the original and BMW agreed to replace.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No deposit to lose. I've already bought my X3 in January. The one that's due in 3 weeks is the replacement as I've rejected the original and BMW agreed to replace.
That is good - you don't stand to loose anything?

What are you planning to get instead?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That is good - you don't stand to loose anything?

What are you planning to get instead?
I think I'll lose a certain amount but hopefully not too much. I really don't know what I fancy instead. Did think about saving some money, forget 4wd and get a new 3 series touring but that would mean another wait. Maybe something interesting as a very late, low mileage used purchase. Just convinced I don't really want a spanking new X3 35D - done that - not overly impressed!! Still have a soft spot for Disco 4 albeit htat its slower and less economical - at least its got an amazing ride and will go anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #13
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

I had a Disco three that went back to Landrover 13 times in twelve months with problems. Was glad to get rid.

I suppose it's all subjective
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I can understand now how you didn't like the X3 sport suspension. It seems like you want a "real" 4x4, not a more car oriented 4x4.