BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-16-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Bluetooth Data Enable internet

When i first paired the phone to the car it asked if i wanted to enable data, of which i selected yes, it then gave a disclaimer about charges from your mobile provider etc..

i fiddled around some more checked blue tooth audio, then tried internet, but was moving so it didn't enable.

then i checked available services in connected drive menu and clicked the update services button, all seemed to work fine displayed all may available services inc internet on-line poi/artwork albums etc etc...

so, when i went back to the blue tooth phone settings data is no longer there to be selected?? i un paired/ re-paired , no option for data??

switched vehicle off, rebooted phone etc.. still no data option?

anyone any ideas with this?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
just tried updating the software to the latest 1008 still no change

got me baffled this one...

phone in question is an iPhone 5S... anyone else using this combo out there?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 02:29 AM   #3
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Contacted BMW regarding this, they are going to get back to me after they contact the connected drive team?

180 views, nobody had this problem? Is it usually straight forward to connect this up?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 02:40 AM   #4
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

I don't really have any answers for you I'm afraid, but felt as though I should post something to show willing

I don't recall any issues when I first set up my phone, so it must have been pretty straight forward, but that was a long time ago now! I don't have an iphone either so as I said earlier, not really much help to you unfortunately.

I think you have done the right thing in contacting the connected drive team just in case there is something unusual going on with your hardware
/ software.

Sorry I can't provide any options or solutions.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 03:03 AM   #5
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

I do not think that I can provide any answers either, although I am on an Android phone (Samsung S5 with Vodafone).

I am not sure this is going to help, but have you sorted out a new account with BMW connecteddrive? See graphic

Following on from the above, you should have logged in including the part where a code is sent to the car and you then put it [code] into the account and you will see the graphic below . By doing this you will have left no stone unturned.

As I stated above, I not sure it is going to help, but at least you will have completed everything necessary for your car.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium

Last edited by Peter_R; 07-17-2015 at 04:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #6
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
I do not think that I can provide any answers either, although I am on an Android phone (Samsung S5 with Vodafone).

I am not sure this is going to help, but have you sorted out a new account with BMW connecteddrive? See graphic

Following on from the above, you should have logged in including the part where a code is sent to the car and you then put it [code] into the account and you will see the graphic below . By doing this you will have left no stone unturned.

As I stated above, I not sure it is going to help, but at least you will have completed everything necessary for your car.
thanks peter will have a look at that

will also give them another call to see what the situation is with the data

thanks again
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 12:14 AM   #7
akshay1234
Private First Class
India
Rep
Drives: E90 320D, F25 X3 30D

Garage List
2011 BMW 320D  [0.00]
When you go to your phone configuration in the idrive, is the data icon greyed out or not visible at all?

Also when you unpaired, did you delete the phones profile from the vehicle, and the vehicles profile from the phone?

Also on the iphone what I've noticed is that personal hotspot needs to be on for the data to actually work.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 02:09 AM   #8
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
When you go to your phone configuration in the idrive, is the data icon greyed out or not visible at all?

Also when you unpaired, did you delete the phones profile from the vehicle, and the vehicles profile from the phone?

Also on the iphone what I've noticed is that personal hotspot needs to be on for the data to actually work.
Hi, initially when I first paired, it was active, showed a small globe icon.

Now when I pair there is no icon or option to even select data on the Bluetooth settings or when pairing after deleting.

As stated, I did do the update services which completed successfully, I also down loaded the latest update to usb and installed them to Vr 1008.

Active services do show all available serviced , just says 'no data connection active' when I try the Internet ?

Am baffled by this.

Last edited by TK - 421; 07-19-2015 at 02:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 03:16 AM   #9
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

I know in some countries the only way to get mobile data to the car nav is by pairing it with your mobile phone.
In the UK I think all connected drive cars have a SIM card built in to the car (GPRS?-very slow data!), and you do not have the option of using your phone to get a 3G or 4G data.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #10
TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
UPDATE: the setting has returned? I can now select data via Bluetooth which is great. No idea why it's returned.

But, now when I select internet it states, not available in your country ? Also connect drive also fails, when I check service status, it now only lists Internet , BMW online all the other services seem to have disappeared.

It in at BMW tomorrow for a service so will ask them the question, will keep you all updated
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #11
X5autostart
Rep
Drives: X5

BMW X3 2007 Bluetooth

Hey guys,

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong area. Please direct me to the right area if you could.

I have a 2007 BMW X3 and the bluetooth quit working. BMW said I need to replace the module. I have removed the module and want to just buy one on eBay. I'm not sure what the part number is. Can anyone help?

I have uploaded a picture of the module.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0