BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
JReed
Rep
Drives: Alpine White X3 35i M Sport

Bumper Blocker

Has anyone tried using Bumper Blocker? website I need bumper protection because my garage in NYC is dinging the hell out of my bumpers. When I tried ordering these, the customer service rep said the Bumper Blockers wouldn't stay because the X3 wheel wells are flush, so there isn't a good anchor point. I think that a little velcro will solve that quickly. Does anyone have any experience using these with their X3? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed
Has anyone tried using Bumper Blocker? website I need bumper protection because my garage in NYC is dinging the hell out of my bumpers. When I tried ordering these, the customer service rep said the Bumper Blockers wouldn't stay because the X3 wheel wells are flush, so there isn't a good anchor point. I think that a little velcro will solve that quickly. Does anyone have any experience using these with their X3? Thanks!
Also try Bumper Bully
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
JReed
Rep
Drives: Alpine White X3 35i M Sport

Thanks for the reccomendation, but I think that might not give quite the amount of coverage... Also,there doesn't seem to be anything for the front bumper. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Leighton
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Because I can't stand the look of the curtain draped over the rear bumper, I applied the 1" x 1/2" color-matched strips to three 2012 X3 35i, all with the black insert in the rear bumper, and mounted it on the bumper surface between the top of the bumper and the insert from wheel well to wheel well. For the fronts, I used the same strips and a BumpShox plate frame protector. No dings on any of the three after nine months of NYC parking.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
leftee86
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 x28i

Does anyone know if the Bumper Bully or similar items affect the proximity sensors?

I had ordered a roll of the Clear Bra kit (PE film I think)...hope that won't interfere.
Appreciate 0