BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
JimSchush
England
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0 D SE Auto

Vehicle trackers

Just considering whether to fit some form of tracker to our new X3 which we are hoping will be with us in the next 2 weeks. There appears to be a few options available ranging from the relatively inexpensive option using mobile phone tracking technology (old iPhone hidden in car with aux power) to the genuine recognised tracker option which carry the varying monthly subscription charges.
This all came about after we watched a video of a pair of scum bags stealing some guys 3 series coupe off his drive after cloning the keys. I have also heard reports of keys being stolen from your home while the family are all upstairs in bed.
Any advice on this would be really useful.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
MetaX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

I believe that the X3 already comes equipped with a vehicle tracking system very much like LoJack. When I picked up my car it came with a certificate that can be presented to insurance companies for the vehicle recovery system discount. Also, with BMW Connect you are able to locate your car via an app if you're within a certain distance from your car (I think it was something like a kilometer).
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
EvilGenius
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaX View Post
I believe that the X3 already comes equipped with a vehicle tracking system very much like LoJack.
Yes, it's called BMW Assist. In event of theft it can be tracked and/or disabled just by call to the hotline.
Appreciate 0