BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-28-2023, 10:39 AM   #1
Squintstream
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 435i M Sport

iDrive keeps resetting

Recently the wife's 2017 X3 iDrive system has started resetting itself. i.e. it will try and initiate, fails, goes to a black screen and ends up going round and round in a vicious circle.

We've tried to reboot the system by pressing and holding in the volume button for 30 seconds and that hasn't worked and we even tried disconnecting the battery for an hour and still no joy.

Before we take it to a dealer/auto-electrician, does anybody have any ideas on potential fixes?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 10:31 AM   #2
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Quite likely the hard drive. What head unit does it have?

I had the same thing on my wife's F25 and I replaced the hard drive in it but it's a 2013 car with an NBT unit.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 04:37 PM   #3
dtox9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintstream View Post
Recently the wife's 2017 X3 iDrive system has started resetting itself. i.e. it will try and initiate, fails, goes to a black screen and ends up going round and round in a vicious circle.

We've tried to reboot the system by pressing and holding in the volume button for 30 seconds and that hasn't worked and we even tried disconnecting the battery for an hour and still no joy.

Before we take it to a dealer/auto-electrician, does anybody have any ideas on potential fixes?
Our 2017 model had the same issue........ For more than a year before we sold it... never could get it to stop / never did cause any real problems other than the annoyance of it.
(never did discover what the true issue was)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 06:12 PM   #4
REBELS10
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 f25, Porsche 911 TT

I am having similar issues except now my iDrive is off. I’m new to this form and I’m new with trying to code my 2015 BMW X3 28i. I have ProTools and somehow after getting a new IBS my front windows will not roll up, I drive screen is off, I cannot get any acceleration over 2500 RPMs, and it is throwing a code acceleration pedal sensor. Please help I am racking my brain and driving myself crazy.
Appreciate 0