BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-24-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
SimplySpoons
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3 xLine

2017 X3 | Lighting Package description on MyBMW site | Full LED lights

Howdy, friends!

Placed my order a few weeks ago, and just signed up for a BMW Owner's account on bmwusa.com When I go to "Track My BMW," it lists out the color and all of the options. Originally, the car had the Xenon lights, but before it went into production, we changed it and I opted for the Full LED lights (Option Code 552.) My salesman verified that the Xenon lights came out, and we added the Adaptive Full LED Lights (Option Code 552) and Automatic high beams (Option Code 5AC.) However, when I go to "Track My BMW," it shows the following for the Lighting Package details:

Lighting Package
  • Xenon headlights
  • Adaptive Full LED Lights
  • Adaptive light control
Just a little confused, because I added the Full LED lights, but it still lists the Xenon lights, in addition to the Full LED lights. Did a little digging, and one person explained that it displays this way because I paid for the $900 Xenon package, and then paid for the $1900 Full LED package. However, I've seen people mention that theirs displayed the same way as posted above, but they didn't go for the Full LED package, and went with the Xenon's. I've heard that the Track My BMW page doesn't always update correctly, so that's a possibility. Any thoughts?

Last edited by SimplySpoons; 11-24-2016 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 01:53 AM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySpoons View Post
Howdy, friends!

Placed my order a few weeks ago, and just signed up for a BMW Owner's account on bmwusa.com When I go to "Track My BMW," it lists out the color and all of the options. Originally, the car had the Xenon lights, but before it went into production, we changed it and I opted for the Full LED lights (Option Code 552.) My salesman verified that the Xenon lights came out, and we added the Adaptive Full LED Lights (Option Code 552) and Automatic high beams (Option Code 5AC.) However, when I go to "Track My BMW," it shows the following for the Lighting Package details:

Lighting Package
  • Xenon headlights
  • Adaptive Full LED Lights
  • Adaptive light control
Just a little confused, because I added the Full LED lights, but it still lists the Xenon lights, in addition to the Full LED lights. Did a little digging, and one person explained that it displays this way because I paid for the $900 Xenon package, and then paid for the $1900 Full LED package. However, I've seen people mention that theirs displayed the same way as posted above, but they didn't go for the Full LED package, and went with the Xenon's. I've heard that the Track My BMW page doesn't always update correctly, so that's a possibility. Any thoughts?
Do you have a VIN? If yes, you can decode VIN and get a full listing of hardware and packages.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 02:11 AM   #3
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Most 2017 X3 sdrive28i & xdrive28i with lighting package I have seen with Xenons (522 & 524).

Most 2017 X3 xdrive35i with lighting package I have seen with Full LED (552, 5AC, 563).

But, that is from dealer stock.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
SimplySpoons
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thank you! I decoded the VIN and it looks like I do in fact have the Full LED headlights. The BMW site must just be listing both the LED's and the Xenon's because I had to pay for the Xenon package in order to get the LED's. Thank you so much!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #5
SimplySpoons
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Happy to report that the car did indeed come with the LED lights! As I mentioned above, the BMW site lists both the LED's and the Xenon's in the options list because you have to pay for the Xenon package in order to get the LED package. Thank you all so much for your help!

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 08:32 PM   #6
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySpoons View Post
Happy to report that the car did indeed come with the LED lights! As I mentioned above, the BMW site lists both the LED's and the Xenon's in the options list because you have to pay for the Xenon package in order to get the LED package. Thank you all so much for your help!
Looking good! Enjoy the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 09:10 PM   #7
SimplySpoons
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Looking good! Enjoy the new ride!
I definitely will! Thanks again!