BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35d M Sport

Talking It's here and to be picked up on 12 July!!!

Well after a long wait (ordered 1st week of March), I will finally be picking up my X3 on 12 July! . Of course as this is for Swiss delivery it might not match UK/US specs. Anyway, I think I made a good choice on options but I elected to not have the panoramic sunroof as I’ve heard of some people having some problems with it. These are some of the goodies that I opted for

X3 xdrive35d M sport
Space Grey
19” 369 wheels
Black Nevada leather
Comfort, visibility, communication, and sport kits
Heads-up display (HUD)
Electronic dampening control (EDC)
Rear camera with Top View
Hi-fi 12 speaker system
Variable steering
Tinted windows
Trunk lid remote
Light kit
Adaptive headlights
Alarm

Of course I plan on taking pictures but does anyone think it’s goofy to take some at the dealer when picking it up? (People here always seem to be so serious)

Is there any point I should particularly check or watch out for when picking it up?

Btw, my dealer is offering me some 307 18” winter wheels/tires, but I’m leaning more - because of appearance - towards the 309 19”. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Anyway, 7 days left
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
turbotoy4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 Porsche Macan ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
I prefer the look of the 309 Wheel. But if the 307 will fit I would consider the smaller wheel tire set up for snow tires. Also consider which wheel is easier to clean! Good luck. I have the 11 Space Gray M-Sport 335 with similar option list you yours. I really like the X3 it is one of my all time favorite vehicles. The HUD it is one of my favorite options, Enjoy! Please post some Pics once it is delivered....

Last edited by turbotoy4me; 07-05-2012 at 05:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Thanks Turbotoy4me. I think the 309s are actually easier to clean + look better.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 (Sept 2012) 525i (gone)

applogies for an indiscreete question - what price does he offer your for a set of winter tyres on a 307? I asked my dealer to make his 'best offer' for a winter set-up on 307, and his 'best' offer came with 10% off. Not sure about it, as tyres/wheels are easy to order on internet at a very good price - still hesitating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris55 View Post
Well after a long wait (ordered 1st week of March), I will finally be picking up my X3 on 12 July! . Of course as this is for Swiss delivery it might not match UK/US specs. Anyway, I think I made a good choice on options but I elected to not have the panoramic sunroof as I’ve heard of some people having some problems with it. These are some of the goodies that I opted for

X3 xdrive35d M sport
Space Grey
19” 369 wheels
Black Nevada leather
Comfort, visibility, communication, and sport kits
Heads-up display (HUD)
Electronic dampening control (EDC)
Rear camera with Top View
Hi-fi 12 speaker system
Variable steering
Tinted windows
Trunk lid remote
Light kit
Adaptive headlights
Alarm

Of course I plan on taking pictures but does anyone think it’s goofy to take some at the dealer when picking it up? (People here always seem to be so serious)

Is there any point I should particularly check or watch out for when picking it up?

Btw, my dealer is offering me some 307 18” winter wheels/tires, but I’m leaning more - because of appearance - towards the 309 19”. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Anyway, 7 days left
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney058 View Post
applogies for an indiscreete question - what price does he offer your for a set of winter tyres on a 307? I asked my dealer to make his 'best offer' for a winter set-up on 307, and his 'best' offer came with 10% off. Not sure about it, as tyres/wheels are easy to order on internet at a very good price - still hesitating.
Yesterday, I was told he could offer me the 307s and tires for 3,700 CHF but I really didn't want them and asked him to make an offer for the 309s.
Went to see him yesterday evening and he made me the offer - the 19" 309s (4,380 CHF value) for... FREE! He said that because we had ordered a car with a lot of options, the boss decided to just give us the wheels and tires (Dunlops).
Anyway my wife and I were stunned. It's not every day that you get something for free in Switzerland.
Btw they are cheaper in Germany and I'm sure the same goes for France.
Appreciate 0