BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Interior fan issue

So even though my new car is only a few months away an issue with my x3 has got progressively worse so finally had it diagnosed with bmw

I've always thought my 2015 car had a noisy interior fan, it's been looked at a couple of times with nothing found. So it's been back again as the noise was much louder, after 2 days diagnosis they've have discovered the fan housing has a defect and needs replacing, there is basically a gap which won't seal which is causing the issue. So it needs replacing which is a major job, it's booked in for 3 days in a few weeks to be fixed.

The noise sounds like there is leaf in the fan catching, but there is nothing there.

Just tipping folks off in case anyone has a similar issue (mines under warranty still)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 09:03 PM   #2
BIG_KID
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

About (8) T20 screws to remove the glove box and the blower motor is right there.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_KID View Post
About (8) T20 screws to remove the glove box and the blower motor is right there.
It's not the blower motor that's the issue, it's the housing it sits in, which is a big job to remove
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #4
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update the car is a week into the repair now and won't be completed till e d if next week at the earliest as now it seems dismantled the parts they need are on backorder
Appreciate 0