BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #1
amcintosh
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d M Sport Auto

Question Rear Fog Light Failure

My X3 is 10 months old. I was driving in daylight yesterday when a message appeared saying the there was a Rear Fog Light Failure. Not a big deal but after dark I checked the rear fog lights and they illuminate when they are switched on so I am puzzled by the message which is still there this morning.

Anyone else had this ? I guess I will need to phone the dealer tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
EvilGenius
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcintosh View Post
My X3 is 10 months old. I was driving in daylight yesterday when a message appeared saying the there was a Rear Fog Light Failure. Not a big deal but after dark I checked the rear fog lights and they illuminate when they are switched on so I am puzzled by the message which is still there this morning.

I've seen it with the turn signals that the fault will appear before the bulb completely goes 10-toes-up. Suggest you replace the rear fog light bulbs, one of them might be on its way out and the computer can sense it.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
Snowman73
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport Deep Sea Blue

Quote:

I had this but it was for the brake light. Had the car booked in as it was intermittent. Anyway - I decided to check the rear light clusters myself - easy enough to take apart and one of the connectors was slightly lose and not clipped in correctly. No problems since.

Worth a try!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
2013 3.0d X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
sugarbabyluv
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:

Did you ever get this sorted? Bizarrely mine also 10 months and get the same intermittent message. All bulbs seem secure (as far as I can tell) Got mine booked into to take a look but would be interested to hear if you got this fixed.
Appreciate 0