BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Thinking about Xdrive 28i

Hey guys,

Finally went for a test drive this weekend and totally loved the X3 28i! I just have a few questions as i am totally new to BMWs. I want the Xenon headlights and nothing else (no leather or anything since i do not support animals being killed for their skin..but that is a different story).

I just wanted to ask the more experienced members as to which options are a "must have" and that i would regret not getting after the purchase was made and which ones are just fillers and not really needed.

Also what would be a reasonable price for an Xdrive 28i w/ standalone xenon headlights? Edmunds shows this:

And calculations below:

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
75bullish
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I regretted not getting the storage compartment package. Actually I was too focused on the executive package and premium package that I overlooked the lack of storage space "issue".

The x3 has fewer storage space than the CRV I traded in and that is the only disappointment. Otherwise I am loving it big time.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

For my needs, the sport activity package is desirable (which brings along the roof rack and sport seats among other things). The base seats are OK, but kind of flat. I also like the upgraded wheels. None of the other options were real compelling to me.

If you must have Xenons, also price a 35i and take into account the other upgrades that brings -- I seem to recall that Xenons were a factor towards making the 35i a more compelling deal (since they are standard on that model).

I would love to be able to order cloth seats, but it's never an option on any vehicles I like these days (including the X3). I don't really like leather since it makes me sweat in the summer, but the only other option on the X3 -- vinyl -- is even worse. As long as you aren't worried about having a sweaty back and don't mind killing some Naugahides instead of cows, I guess vinyl is for you!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
I just ordered an xdrive35i pretty loaded yesterday - i found Edmunds TMV to be very close on to what i was able to negotiate. The price i paid was 380 over TMV - another dealer's quotes were basically within 10 dollars of TMV - but when i factored trade in value and distance to the 2nd dealership vs the first 1 that is 4 miles from my house...

anyway if you are not accounting for a trade in the transaction you should be able to negotiate to just about edumunds TMV # based on my experience.

a 3rd dealer was close to TMV as well, but was thousands low on the trade in.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
congrats at showing financial restraint and not ordering 4 or 5 packages and the 35i. you did much better than me at keeping the MSRP down. enjoy it, you'll have just as much fun in your new ride as I plan to in mine
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Thank you for the input! I think i will look into the 35i as well since it includes the two features that i would possibly want (in the 2012s).
Appreciate 0