BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #23
richardew
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 x335i

Right now my order is in for black sapphire/sand beige but I still have a few days to look at other combos.

'96 911 C4 Cab (276,000 1 owner smiles)
'11 X3 35i Black Sapphire/Beige,SAP, CP, CWP, DHP, PREM, TECH, Sat radio, Hi Fi, BMW apps, smartphone, 19" w/mixed performance tires.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #24
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
I am about to order an X3 - color was the easy choice - deep sea blue / nevada chestnut looks stunning
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #25
jackab
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Indi Red M5

Update - took a long drive out yetserday to dealerships that had some x3's in stock. None were the M Sport ones but I HAD to see some colours in person to help me decide (that's a female shopper for you). First X3 was a VRed - beautiful but when I parked my Indi Red M5 next to it, it a) looked too 'matchy, matchy' and b) took the edge off my M5 (suppose a and b are the same thing here). Next was a blue - again very pretty but my CA had given some sage words of warning - maybe nice to start off with but choosing a 'different colour (such as Blue), may get old... Next Aspen White, again stunning.... Saw a CB (on a different car, not the X3) - Nice but too close to black and I've also been reading that Black is a bugger to keep clean / maintain. Saw the Space Grey - Now I like this (and think it'll look stunning with Mohave and the dark wood trim) but hubby (and also CA) said 'yawnnnnn' to the SP... (WTF?!?)....

So, result is I spent a lond day driving around in my M5 (love!) but no closer on colours! So the decision is yet to be made....
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #26
Le Chef
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

In the end you kind of have to accept that the X3 is a utility machine. It's not exactly good looking car like an Audi S5 or an Aston Martin Vantage or Maserati GranTurismo. It's the equivalent of a Bosch dishwasher on wheels. So color selection is probably not going to change it that much.

For my wife's car we looked at Sparkling Bronze but again got "discouraged" by the dealer that it's not a popular color for resale. Vermillion goes funny in different light - muddy then orange. We avoided black as it takes too much maintenance - claying once a year to look good. Silver is even more mainstream than gray. And so on...We ended up with Space Gray and Sand Beige - boring but it fits the "utility" concept.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #27
jackab
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Indi Red M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Chef View Post
In the end you kind of have to accept that the X3 is a utility machine. It's not exactly good looking car like an Audi S5 or an Aston Martin Vantage or Maserati GranTurismo. It's the equivalent of a Bosch dishwasher on wheels. So color selection is probably not going to change it that much.

For my wife's car we looked at Sparkling Bronze but again got "discouraged" by the dealer that it's not a popular color for resale. Vermillion goes funny in different light - muddy then orange. We avoided black as it takes too much maintenance - claying once a year to look good. Silver is even more mainstream than gray. And so on...We ended up with Space Gray and Sand Beige - boring but it fits the "utility" concept.
Brilliant Post!

Nicely sums things up...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #28
Itchywasabi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Chef View Post

I think most of X3 owners do not consider their car as a utility vehicle. I have the black sapphire, but if given a chance to change color I would get the alpine white, then get an awesome black alloy rim and put on a black window tint.
Appreciate 0