BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Xero
Canada
Rep
Drives: Deciding

Do all X3's in Canada have built-in USB ports?

Just ordered an 2013 28i with Premium, Tech, and Executive package. Do I need the Apps package/Smartphone integration in order to get usb ports or does the X3 already have the usb ports?

I don't use Facebook or Twitter so the apps package is useless to me. I listen to a lot of music though. I have an old school iphone 3g so i can't use bluetooth to stream album art, track info onto the display which is why the usb port is important.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
FX3OK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

I have the 2012 x3 28i with tech, exec and premium packages. No bmw apps pack, which i dont care for. It comes with the usb/audio socket in arm rest plus usb socket in glove box. I can blue stream or use white apple cord in arm rest, which will display album art.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
I think in us version, If u don't get the upgraded Nav which automatically includes BMW assist and stuffs like that. It will not include the USB
      04-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Desmoduece
ESA Vorderbau X3
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

With your Tech Package the USB port along with the audio jack should be under the arm rest.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
klik
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 (soon?)

According to the Canadian brochure posted here (and our dealer) 2013 X3s have 6NH (USB Integration with Bluetooth) standard.

We ordered without those packages. We were shown a 5-series without them, iPhone USB music and album art worked fine on the small screen, and we were assured the same would be true with the X3.

Now we're just waiting for delivery...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero
Just ordered an 2013 28i with Premium, Tech, and Executive package. Do I need the Apps package/Smartphone integration in order to get usb ports or does the X3 already have the usb ports?

I don't use Facebook or Twitter so the apps package is useless to me. I listen to a lot of music though. I have an old school iphone 3g so i can't use bluetooth to stream album art, track info onto the display which is why the usb port is important.
Just for clarification, the apps package also includes MOG and Pandora. Those two apps have great functionality, and were easily worth the cost of the upgrade. It might not matter to you or others, but I didn't want people thinking BMW apps is just Facebook and twitter, which I agree are useless and stupid to have in a car.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
tanstudio
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 28

I can confirm that my X3 28 with Premium come with USB port. But I didn't purchase the BMW App
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #8
Xero
Canada
Rep
Drives: Deciding

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX3OK View Post
I have the 2012 x3 28i with tech, exec and premium packages. No bmw apps pack, which i dont care for. It comes with the usb/audio socket in arm rest plus usb socket in glove box. I can blue stream or use white apple cord in arm rest, which will display album art.
sweet. thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy29 View Post
Just for clarification, the apps package also includes MOG and Pandora. Those two apps have great functionality, and were easily worth the cost of the upgrade. It might not matter to you or others, but I didn't want people thinking BMW apps is just Facebook and twitter, which I agree are useless and stupid to have in a car.
MOG + Pandora = US only; basically makes the apps package in Canada even more useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klik View Post
According to the Canadian brochure posted here (and our dealer) 2013 X3s have 6NH (USB Integration with Bluetooth) standard.

We ordered without those packages. We were shown a 5-series without them, iPhone USB music and album art worked fine on the small screen, and we were assured the same would be true with the X3.

Now we're just waiting for delivery...
what had me confused before was that if you order the Tech package, it would delete 6NH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstudio View Post
I can confirm that my X3 28 with Premium come with USB port. But I didn't purchase the BMW App
awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

USB port exists on our 2011 x28 with Premium. It's a Canadian model. It will take an ipod cable.
Appreciate 0