BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #2201
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
90+% work immediately. Older software sometimes take a little while to take effect.

"Reading Coding Data" and check values are changed.
Hm, I'll try it again. So to reiterate, once I connect via vin, I code in to change the actif and werte, save, code FDL and disconnect, it should work?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 04:58 PM   #2202
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoudaniell View Post
Hm, I'll try it again. So to reiterate, once I connect via vin, I code in to change the actif and werte, save, code FDL and disconnect, it should work?
That or modify offline and then load NCD. You change Drop-down or werte, not both. Werte is what ultimately matters.

You do not have to disconnect for it to work. Trunk changes are one of the exceptions that take 1-15 minutes to take effect. Otherwise, associated functions of coded modules will power cycle and immediately work.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 11:23 PM   #2203
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Makes sense. Just got to the trunk stuff but glad I made a note about it. I'm trying to do some of the screen stuff, but I don't see a hu_cic module in e-sys. I only have hi_nbt, are those the same or no?
HU = Head Unit
NBT = Next Best Thing

HU_CIC does not equal NBT. The ladder is newer and supports more features, including boot animations.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 11:38 PM   #2204
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
HU = Head Unit
NBT = Next Best Thing

HU_CIC does not equal NBT. The ladder is newer and supports more features, including boot animations.
yeah, I sorta figured that since nbt had a bunch of stuff required in CIC but not all. So just to confirm, the intro screen animation only comes on if your vehicle has been off for a while right? when I was quickly booting the system up in between tests and the system would go straight to the main menu
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 11:50 PM   #2205
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
yeah, I sorta figured that since nbt had a bunch of stuff required in CIC but not all. So just to confirm, the intro screen animation only comes on if your vehicle has been off for a while right? when I was quickly booting the system up in between tests and the system would go straight to the main menu
If you code electronics off with driver's door opening, then it will boot animate for each start.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 11:59 PM   #2206
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
If you code electronics off with driver's door opening, then it will boot animate for each start.
Oh yeah, I was thinking about that. May do that in the future, 50/50 on it since sometimes I like to have the music continue to play when I'm packing up.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 12:03 AM   #2207
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah, I was thinking about that. May do that in the future, 50/50 on it since sometimes I like to have the music continue to play when I'm packing up.
my exit process:
  1. Pull into space
  2. Press Start/Stop --> Vehicle automatically engages "P" & engine turns off.
  3. Open drivers door --> electronics automatically turn off, steering wheel telescopes in, and seat moves back
  4. Close door
  5. Lock vehicle with CA --> doors lock, mirrors fold, & windows roll up
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #2208
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
my exit process:
  1. Pull into space
  3. Open drivers door --> electronics automatically turn off, steering wheel telescopes in, and seat moves back
  4. Close door
Oh very interesting. How do you get it to automatically engage P, telescope and move back the seat?

Also it looks like the welcome screen is comepletely gone - just went straight to the normal menu. Any idea how to get it back without shutting off electronics with door open?

Last edited by zhoudaniell; 03-24-2017 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #2209
titsataki
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3,2013 135is convertible

I thought for safety purposes when you open the door or hit the start/stop button he car goes to P.

Now the rest of the stuff telescope/move the seat back I would interested.
Also how do you lock the car that puts windows up/folds the mirrors immediately?
I can do it but I have to hold the FOB button or hold comfort access.

Any pointers much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #2210
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Oh very interesting. How do you get it to automatically engage P, telescope and move back the seat?

Also it looks like the welcome screen is comepletely gone - just went straight to the normal menu. Any idea how to get it back without shutting off electronics with door open?
All BMW's engage park when you turn off engine.
The rest is coding.

no way without letting car sleep hours
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #2211
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
All BMW's engage park when you turn off engine.
The rest is coding.

no way without letting car sleep hours
Why is that though? I only disabled the legal disclaimers and didn't do anything with the actual animal screen besides code a different variant.

Also, it seems super random. For example, I had my car turned off for like 15 mins earlier this afternoon and when I returned, the animation screen went on. After that, I left it off for about 5 hours, and just now when I went to it, no animation screen.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #2212
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Why is that though? I only disabled the legal disclaimers and didn't do anything with the actual animal screen besides code a different variant.

Also, it seems super random. For example, I had my car turned off for like 15 mins earlier this afternoon and when I returned, the animation screen went on. After that, I left it off for about 5 hours, and just now when I went to it, no animation screen.
Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by welcome screen; I assumed you meant either the legal disclaimer.

Re boot animation: each vehicle is a little different. But, I have mine set to turn off electronics as many other do because I have no use for car to keep running as I am leaving; this way; without fail, I always get animation. I guess you have to decide what is more important, to see boot animation or continue listening to stereo. If you choose to not code my prefered way, then a few other suggestions include the following:
  • Observe how much time you waste between unlocking vehicle, getting into driver's seat, and pressing start. See if it makes a difference if you minimize time taken.
  • Do you use CA or keyFOB to lock?
  • Do you code for mirrors to fold with locking vehicle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by titsataki View Post
I thought for safety purposes when you open the door or hit the start/stop button he car goes to P.

Now the rest of the stuff telescope/move the seat back I would interested.
Also how do you lock the car that puts windows up/folds the mirrors immediately?
I can do it but I have to hold the FOB button or hold comfort access.

Any pointers much appreciated.
Whether car goes into Neutral (N) or Park (P) depends on speed you are moving as well as if seat belt is buckled.

Do you have telescoping/electronic steering wheel? How about comfort seats with memory buttons? Search Easy Entry/Exit. Another helpful measurement link.

Re Windows & mirrors: The mirrors are all-or-nothing, but windows only continue movement if CA or keyFOB pressure is maintained. If my windows are all the way down, I use door rockerswitch as I have Window Safety disabled to allow continued movement when doors opened. Otherwise, I use CA to slightly close and fold.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #2213
hardparker
Father of Frankenfold
Rep
Drives: Yo daddy's 2014 X3 M Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2014 BMW X3  [0.00]
Just thought I'd add that my coding for push to start without brake didn't seem to work.

Until, that is, I had the battery disconnected while adding an amp and subwoofer. Next time I tried it, I found that I could start it without my foot on the brake. Before, when trying to do that, it would click and die without turning over the motor.

I do however, wish it could be coded for single push to start, instead of press, long press.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:33 PM   #2214
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=Almaretto;21468856]Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by welcome screen; I assumed you meant either the legal disclaimer.

Re boot animation: each vehicle is a little different. But, I have mine set to turn off electronics as many other do because I have no use for car to keep running as I am leaving; this way; without fail, I always get animation. I guess you have to decide what is more important, to see boot animation or continue listening to stereo. If you choose to not code my prefered way, then a few other suggestions include the following:
  • Observe how much time you waste between unlocking vehicle, getting into driver's seat, and pressing start. See if it makes a difference if you minimize time taken.
  • Do you use CA or keyFOB to lock?
  • Do you code for mirrors to fold with locking vehicle?

Hm interesting. So to make me understand this better, what's the difference between shutting the electronics off immediately when I open the door, vs shutting it off when I lock the car? Either way in my mind, it's "turning off", which is why I thought its weird that the animation doesn't always start.

Good idea though, I should see if the quicker I turn it on, the better the change I'll have for the animation. I use CA to lock most of the time. I'm not sure if I have the code to mirror fold with locking vehicle - are you referring to folding when I lock the door no matter what? I don't recall seeing it in the cheat sheet, do you know what module specifically I need to reconfigure for that to happen? Would definitely be nice!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #2215
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Hm interesting. So to make me understand this better, what's the difference between shutting the electronics off immediately when I open the door, vs shutting it off when I lock the car? Either way in my mind, it's "turning off", which is why I thought its weird that the animation doesn't always start.

Good idea though, I should see if the quicker I turn it on, the better the change I'll have for the animation. I use CA to lock most of the time. I'm not sure if I have the code to mirror fold with locking vehicle - are you referring to folding when I lock the door no matter what? I don't recall seeing it in the cheat sheet, do you know what module specifically I need to reconfigure for that to happen? Would definitely be nice!
I do not know the specifics. But, various aspects of the vehicle maintain power during different situations. Configuring electronics off with door open shuts down accessory (ignition only) mode.

Fold mirrors/roll up windows is on every Cheat Sheet as well as included in my Launcher Cheat Codes; for F010/F025 vehicles, settings are in FRM & CAS.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #2216
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
I do not know the specifics. But, various aspects of the vehicle maintain power during different situations. Configuring electronics off with door open shuts down accessory (ignition only) mode.

Fold mirrors/roll up windows is on every Cheat Sheet as well as included in my Launcher Cheat Codes; for F010/F025 vehicles, settings are in FRM & CAS.
Interesting, so you're saying that the way I have it now, it's essentially just "going to sleep" and not shutting down completely?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #2217
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Interesting, so you're saying that the way I have it now, it's essentially just "going to sleep" and not shutting down completely?
I have no way of knowing all your FDL's. I am saying mine completely shuts down and I always see boot animation upon starting cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 07:06 PM   #2218
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
my exit process:
  1. Pull into space
  4. Close door
what Chasis do you have? My mirrors fold when I lock it with fob, but can't seem to do it with CA. I looked it up on the coding cheatsheet, but it looks like it's for f30 that has fem_body, which I don't believe the f25 has. the only one that's relevant for the f25 closes mirrors/windows/moonroof but no folding of mirrors
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 07:57 PM   #2219
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
what Chasis do you have? My mirrors fold when I lock it with fob, but can't seem to do it with CA. I looked it up on the coding cheatsheet, but it looks like it's for f30 that has fem_body, which I don't believe the f25 has. the only one that's relevant for the f25 closes mirrors/windows/moonroof but no folding of mirrors
I have the chassis that are listed on my profile.
  • F010 & F025 have FRM/CAS
  • F015 has BDC_Body
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #2220
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
I have the chassis that are listed on my profile.
  • F010 & F025 have FRM/CAS
  • F015 has BDC_Body
Two quesitons:

I did the turn off electronics when car doors open. I just starting the car up shortly after and no animation - suggestions?

Also, are you doing a one touch for your window fold in or do you hold the CA? I have it working for both fob and CA but want to know if there's a way to code it so that it folds in automatically when the engine shuts off or with "1 click" instead of a hold.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 09:21 PM   #2221
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Two quesitons:

I did the turn off electronics when car doors open. I just starting the car up shortly after and no animation - suggestions?

Also, are you doing a one touch for your window fold in or do you hold the CA? I have it working for both fob and CA but want to know if there's a way to code it so that it folds in automatically when the engine shuts off or with "1 click" instead of a hold.
How much time did you allow after coding vehicle, locking vehicle, and starting up again? Did you try also folding mirrors? Did you try with CA and keyfob to see if difference? Did you try minimizing time between unlock and starting vehicle?

The mirrors are all-or-nothing (ie folded or unfolded). The Windows/sunroof requires holding CA or keyFOB. I recently found G12/G30 setting that may allow one touch, but have not checked whether it works or if similar FDL exists on other chassis. For now, the best you can do is use door switch to automatically close windows completely or use keyFOB as you walk away; I know I can control windows as well as trunk from at least 50 ft away.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #2222
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
How much time did you allow after coding vehicle, locking vehicle, and starting up again? Did you try also folding mirrors? Did you try with CA and keyfob to see if difference? Did you try minimizing time between unlock and starting vehicle?

The mirrors are all-or-nothing (ie folded or unfolded). The Windows/sunroof requires holding CA or keyFOB. I recently found G12/G30 setting that may allow one touch, but have not checked whether it works or if similar FDL exists on other chassis. For now, the best you can do is use door switch to automatically close windows completely or use keyFOB as you walk away; I know I can control windows as well as trunk from at least 50 ft away.
I gave the car a little over a minute. I can try again tomorrow when I go into my car and report back.

Yeah I think I understand the part about the mirror, but either way it sounds like if I want it to automatically fold, it will require the holding of either CA or FOB? I tried it with both. The one thing that I did notice was that if I have the mirrors folded, and unlock my car, it unfolds with a touch - so that's why I was curious as to if there's a way to either code the vehicle to fold the mirrors with "engine shutdown", or just "lock", instead of holding it. I mean at the end of the day, it's not a big deal to just press the button in my door to fold it, but I definitely don't see myself holding down CA or the FOB after locking the car just to fold the mirrors.
Appreciate 0