BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
PurPleYaM
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
Side window deflector

So the rainning season have begun, and a lot of times its nice to have some fresh air while driving without getting wet. i know that BMW doesnt have them for the 2013 x3. Have anybody tried the WeatherTech side window deflectors? their website supposedly said it fits. i haven't been able to find any reviews or any pics of it. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
cohwang
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

I had tried the weathertech wind deflectors, and they wouldn't fit. The plastic was too thick that the windows couldn't even close. I finally returned them to the retailer.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
redframe85
Canada
Rep
Drives: '99 E46 '08 E93 '11 E70 13 F25

Exclamation sumone else know about weathertech visor!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohwang View Post
I had tried the weathertech wind deflectors, and they wouldn't fit. The plastic was too thick that the windows couldn't even close. I finally returned them to the retailer.
i would like to know also!!

i've talked to the person on CARid, and the person said it is a guarantee will fit perfectly. ??

is there anyone else tried with the weathertech window visor?!

here is the website for the visor
http://www.carid.com/2013-bmw-x3-def...rs-282514.html
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
xodium
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Anyone tried this, does it fit or not? I'd like to know as well. Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
goyoyl
Rep

Installed a set (front and rear). Was pretty easy to install.

Looks okay. Instructions say you need to keep the window closed for at least 12 hours.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
PurPleYaM
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyoyl
Installed a set (front and rear). Was pretty easy to install.

Looks okay. Instructions say you need to keep the window closed for at least 12 hours.

Nice! Thanks for posting the pic. By the way, I like your deep sea blue.

I actually have an OEM one installed on our x5 and because its in channel, it makes a sound like its cracking whenever the window is closing. I guess this is because the space is so tight in between. sometimes with the one touch, the window would bounce back open because it hit the in channel visor.

did u experience the same with weathertech?

were there anything you liked or didnt like about it?
| 2008 335i Cabriolet | Space Grey/Black Leather | Sport Pkg | 6MT | Premium | Logic7 | LUX Angel Eyes | Front Lip Spoiler | AC Pedal Set | M Perforated Shift Knob | WeissLicht License Plate LED | WeissLicht LED Side Lenses | WeissLicht LED Turn Signal Bulb | Tinted | 19" Star Spoke Alloy Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #7
goyoyl
Rep

Thanks!

Yup! You hear a popping sound sometimes in the rear doors when you slide it up (first few times). Probably because the deflectors will rest on the channel (instead of the door). First few times I noticed the sound. But now, it doesn't make a sound as much. But you can hear a slight sound like the deflectors are being squeezed by the window.

For the front, you can tell there's a little effort when it slides all the way up, but not bad.

It happened once (during installation) that it went back down (front drivers side), but what I did was to slightly pull and adjust the deflector. After that, it didn't happen anymore.

Installed it myself. Except for the sound of the glass squeezing the deflectors at the rear (before), it's pretty okay.

Looks much better than other deflectors. I don't know if this makes sense, but the deflectors doesn't look as "loud" as other deflectors.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
PurPleYaM
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
Thanks! I think I'm going to get them!
| 2008 335i Cabriolet | Space Grey/Black Leather | Sport Pkg | 6MT | Premium | Logic7 | LUX Angel Eyes | Front Lip Spoiler | AC Pedal Set | M Perforated Shift Knob | WeissLicht License Plate LED | WeissLicht LED Side Lenses | WeissLicht LED Turn Signal Bulb | Tinted | 19" Star Spoke Alloy Wheels |
Appreciate 0