BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #1629
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

In desperation for my fix of news I continue to search WW ...

... and even for the broad search WB_________L29___ I get nothing

What is super freaky is that this search ONLY returns ONE cargo match!

WBAWY72010LL29004 ... not my VIN I might add, which dates back to 15th Feb ... before my car was born.

*sigh*

P.S. The _ wildcard matches a single character as opposed to % which matches any number of 0 or more characters.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #1630
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
In desperation for my fix of news I continue to search WW ...

... and even for the broad search WB_________L29___ I get nothing

What is super freaky is that this search ONLY returns ONE cargo match!

WBAWY72010LL29004 ... not my VIN I might add, which dates back to 15th Feb ... before my car was born.

*sigh*

P.S. The _ wildcard matches a single character as opposed to % which matches any number of 0 or more characters.
I tried all this but could not track mine either, it arrived as promised though. Indeed also a week earlier than the original date. I think the shipping time is usually a bit quicker than the quoted time when you order.

Good luck to all you UK customers with just acouple of weeks to go for collection. We need some more members car pictures to pour over.....

I gave mine a quick clean today and after 6 months I have a bonnet stone chip and the same on one of the doors. Always happens with a good motor. By day I drive a van and after 14 months and 33K it has only one stone chip and not another mark on the paint - sods law
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #1631
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Haven't managed to make any more headway in tracking my car and I have given up on WW.

I imagine that someone somewhere must have a manifest, but finding that information is just proving to be too hard to be worthwhile.

Shame, it would have been a handy way to pass the time.

Anyway, as far as I can tell the next batch of boats leave today ...

As is typical when you want something ... it has been 9 days since the last sailing compared to usually having about boats leave a week or so, and of course this sailing would also be one of the slower journeys at 19 days compared to a best case of 14.

I guess I will have to bide my time for another 19 days and then hopefully news will start to flow again.

There is the slimmest of slim chances I will get her before the Jubilee bank holiday weekend, but I think the chances of winning the lottery might be slightly more in my favour.

Of course, given my luck so far, events will probably conspire by 5 minutes and result in having to wait for two weeks after the celebrations.

I just wish people would post more pickies of their X3 and the toys too oogle at while I wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #1632
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Horsey, I thought I was impatient waiting for my car to arrive... or at least my wife thought so.

I'm like a teenager now offering to drive my wife here and there just so I can spend a few minutes more in the X3.

Let's hope you enjoy your new wheels 1/2 as much as I do and you'll be thrilled. ... did I mention I like my new x3?

Quote:
Haven't managed to make any more headway in tracking my car and I have given up on WW.

I imagine that someone somewhere must have a manifest, but finding that information is just proving to be too hard to be worthwhile.

Shame, it would have been a handy way to pass the time.

Anyway, as far as I can tell the next batch of boats leave today ...

As is typical when you want something ... it has been 9 days since the last sailing compared to usually having about boats leave a week or so, and of course this sailing would also be one of the slower journeys at 19 days compared to a best case of 14.

I guess I will have to bide my time for another 19 days and then hopefully news will start to flow again.

There is the slimmest of slim chances I will get her before the Jubilee bank holiday weekend, but I think the chances of winning the lottery might be slightly more in my favour.

Of course, given my luck so far, events will probably conspire by 5 minutes and result in having to wait for two weeks after the celebrations.

I just wish people would post more pickies of their X3 and the toys too oogle at while I wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #1633
Rainbow_007
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D (2012)

Smile Mine is here :)

Hi All,

I picked up my X3 last week from London after exactly 5 months of wait time

Here are the specs:
X3 xDrive20d SE
• Space Gray w/ Red Brown Nevada leather
• Automatic Gearbox
• Servotronic Steering
• Windscreen with grey shade band
• Sun protection glass
• Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
• Split-folding rear seats
• Xenon headlights
• Bluetooth hands-free with USB audio interface
• Brushed aluminum trim
• sun blinds
• Y spoke style 17" tires

Carefully spent a day in London with my LHD car and the next morning via Euro-channel I drove through France to the final destination in Spain. It took two days to arrive home but the ride was the smoothest. It rained the entire journey and not a single moment did I have to worry about handling of this SAV on wet roads

About 2200 KMs on the car and lovin it! Now the only thing I regret is not buying NAV which allows BMW apps and many other cool features

I'll post pics later. But trying to figure out warranty, service plan etc since I only got 2 year world wide warranty.

I asked my local dealer if additional warranty can be purchased and he said he'll check and would cost around 800 € for each year that I want to extend. About the service plan, it would 750€ for two years or 100,000 KMs. I plan on keeping this car for about 4-5 years. What you suggest?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #1634
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

Rainbow - nice spec

Did buy in UK because it was cheaper than ES? Did you take a hit on the exchange due to the markets over the last 3 weeks?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #1635
Rainbow_007
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
Rainbow - nice spec

Did buy in UK because it was cheaper than ES? Did you take a hit on the exchange due to the markets over the last 3 weeks?
Yea, when I ordered it last year the price was more attractive considering exchange rate but most of the amount is paid just before the pickup date so didn't save as much as I could
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #1636
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Delivery Charges

I am not sure why I am only questioning this now, but I would be interested to know what "delivery charges" other X3 owners (or soon to be owners) were given.

For the life of me, I am trying to work out what on earth £700 @XDEL is and how a charge that high can be justified ... maybe that's what pays for the bottle of champaign and flowers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #1637
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
I am not sure why I am only questioning this now, but I would be interested to know what "delivery charges" other X3 owners (or soon to be owners) were given.

For the life of me, I am trying to work out what on earth £700 @XDEL is and how a charge that high can be justified ... maybe that's what pays for the bottle of champaign and flowers.
Horsey, I've just checked my order form and have the same £700 delivery charge. I guess a lot of it pays for the car's place on the boat from Spartanburg!! Plus prep, PDI, transport from docks etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's but when you think about it a lot is involved in getting it across the pond and looking sparkly before we pick them up.
      05-10-2012, 02:45 AM   #1638
Rainbow_007
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

I also had to pay this amount and even after picking up the car I wasn't sure if I might be the only one who had to pay these charges. I'd have to double check but I think when I spec'ed my car on BMW's website, the summary of specs and price had somewhere written that the price includes delivery and first registration...may be I need to do the math again
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #1639
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Mine was:
XDEL £725
FUEL 1 £35
FIRSTR £55
RFL £170

Mmmm?

Last edited by vojak; 05-10-2012 at 03:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #1640
ChessToon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini Countryman 2.0SD All4 Aut

I have just checked my order form re the delivery costs that Horsey has mentioned.

Exactly the same figure - £700. Go figure? Another way of boosting the profit margin I would guess.

Then again, not to fussed just want to take delivery of my car now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #1641
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

hmm, 985 GBP = $1,593.56 CAD

I don't know how that relates to the freight and PDI on the Canadian cars... see below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #1642
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I am not sure I see what the delivery charge has to do with international shipping. Surely it's BMWs problem how it gets the cars from manufacturing to regional markets where it sells them at prices which bare no comparison to each other and are merely reflections of what each market will bear in conjunction with local taxes.

I anticipate a local delivery charge ... but 700 quid ... seriously?

It's just another way to hide margin ...

There speaks a guy who bought every optional extra (almost), with some being of dubious value for money.

Of course the more you spend, the less the proportion the delivery charge is to total cost ... That's how I am trying to sell it to myself anyway.

It does grate sometimes, but I am really looking forward to the day it arrives nonetheless!

Oh god the waiting hurts ... Is this what a heroin addict feels without their fix?
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #1643
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Seems like I have similar delivery charges quoted too. I didnt question the £700 charge either but on second thoughts I might do tomorrow.
Saying that the dealer did say that they will arrange for the car to be transported from the port to the dealership and not wait for BMW to deliver it. That might be the quote for the delivery charge though £700 is a bit steep.

I also have a cost of £25 for the Number Plates (PLATES) though the I have negotiated a zero charge for fuel and asked for a full tank.

On another note, I think my car has finally been built !!
Waiting for it to go to 9000 now !
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #1644
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07
On another note, I think my car has finally been built !!
Waiting for it to go to 9000 now !
Yay!
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #1645
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

WW Global website as dnw and Horsey has said is completely useless now in terms of tracking the car. The 1 car from the VIN similar to my car's VIN is also not displayed when I checked today.
So its a case of waiting some more !
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #1646
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07
WW Global website as dnw and Horsey has said is completely useless now in terms of tracking the car. The 1 car from the VIN similar to my car's VIN is also not displayed when I checked today.
So its a case of waiting some more !
All credit to dnw ... I have just been relentlessly trying against all apparent odds despite all indications to the pointlessness of my efforts.

... and yet I continue trying!

Beats just waiting ... barely.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #1647
redonebe
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D

Garage List
2012 BMW X3  [0.00]
2010 BMW 116D  [0.00]
While waiting try this: http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #1648
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redonebe
While waiting try this: http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng
Respect!

... doesn't tell you what ship its on though!
Attached Images

Last edited by Horsey; 05-10-2012 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 01:23 AM   #1649
redonebe
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D

Garage List
2012 BMW X3  [0.00]
2010 BMW 116D  [0.00]
Quote:
Respect!

... doesn't tell you what ship its on though!
True, but you can check all the VIN's from your model and see what others ordered.

And tracking the ship is not good for you either. Mine arrived 04/05 in Bremerhaven and i am still waiting for any sign from the dealer .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #1650
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redonebe View Post
True, but you can check all the VIN's from your model and see what others ordered.
Heh ... yes I guess that would pass some time ....

Quote:
And tracking the ship is not good for you either.
Errr ... how did you find a VIN to track the ship with ... I found a VIN on the boat but it had not resemblance to my VIN in any shape or form (except starting with WB) is that what you did?

Quote:
Mine arrived 04/05 in Bremerhaven and i am still waiting for any sign from the dealer .
Cheer up ... its so close!

... 2 days in Bremmerhaving, maybe 2 days waiting for a boat and then 2 days to the UK?
Appreciate 0