BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #23
EmCityXFan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i, Vermillion Red

Congratshttp://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/images/smilies/happyanim.gif

I'm jealous! My X3 goes into production in two more weeks! I'm dying here!

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #24
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyberger87 View Post
Yeah.....I've noticed that alot of you guys do NOT live in warm-weather climates like Alabama and the deep south....spring is in FULL force as you can tell from the pollen. Getting a car wash every other day is the only option to keep this X3 clean at the moment.

I didn't realize y'all had such an affinity for foliage
Talking about car wash, I would suggest not to wash it too frequently, like every alternative week will be good. Also go for untouched washes, I have costco member ship, but I use my friends sams club card only for sams untouched car wash, again not all sams clubs have car wash, so look for untouch car wash options that are available close to you.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #25
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymk5 View Post
Talking about car wash, I would suggest not to wash it too frequently, like every alternative week will be good. Also go for untouched washes, I have costco member ship, but I use my friends sams club card only for sams untouched car wash, again not all sams clubs have car wash, so look for untouch car wash options that are available close to you.
How long have you been using touchless car washes? Been reading posts on here and found a local place that isn't that much more expensive than a normal machine wash. Reason why I ask is because I've heard touchless uses harsh chemicals to clean the car that's why they're able to get the dirt and tree sap off.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #26
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

I am very interested in car wash options. They probably have pros and cons but I am not sure of what exactly is the best. Even hand washing appears to leave some marks when you are drying it, at least it looks like it on my metallic black X3.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #27
jaymk5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
How long have you been using touchless car washes? Been reading posts on here and found a local place that isn't that much more expensive than a normal machine wash. Reason why I ask is because I've heard touchless uses harsh chemicals to clean the car that's why they're able to get the dirt and tree sap off.
I have used touchless wash on my current black metallic paint SUV for over 3 years now and I am very happy with the results. Even today after the wash it looks like brand sparkling new, so no dulling due to harsh chemicals or anything like that, I think they use the force of the water to take the dirt out and use the same chemicals like the touch car washes do...again I am not a expert in this area but I have seen the same rainx materials used in both samsclub touchfree and touching carwash (mister car wash) that I used in the past. With that said I will go for the samsclub touchfree car wash on my new car as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #28
jaymk5
United_States
Rep

I also would like to mention, that sometimes I leave my car unwashed for couple of weeks due to many reasons (laziness being main one) and those times just one touchless wash would not remove all the dirt deposited on the car, it happens once in 3 months or so for me, those times I usually stop by the supervisor on the samsclub gas station and tell them its not quite clean yet and they will let me go through second time in the wash for no charge and that will take the rest of the dirt that did not go away on the first wash.
Appreciate 0