BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #23
drocca
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 28d

Bought Pirelli Pzero All Season Plus (Non Run Flats)

I drove a total of 54000 kms (33750 mi) on the original Factory Good Year Eagle LS-2 245/45R19. While I have winter tires for the winter months, I was able to complete 4 years of driving. What prompted me to change was the right side tires were feathering and one tire actually separated.

I chose to replace with non runflats for the following reasons:
1. COST... Biggest factor
2. Smoother and more comfortable ride
3. Promotions on tires which usually does not include run-flats

My choice was the Pirelli PZero All Season Plus. These are the non runflats tires. Cost was cut in half and I have a tire repair kit and a mini compressor in the back just in case. Knock on wood, I have not experienced a puncture with the original tires.

Overall I have been happy with the Good Year tires and the Pirelli tires still provide good grip on dry and wet weather. So far I have put 2200kms (1375mi) on the new tires so still too early to rate how they are on the vehicle.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #24
andreigbs
Dr Drei
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3d

Garage List
'16 X3d  [0.00]
Nice choice, I was considering another set of Pirellis but I've had better experiences (and luck) with Michelins and Contis, so I'll likely go that route. Your old Goodyears were a few miles short of a catastrophic failure.

(Not to cause a ruckus, but is that fresh curb rash on the wheel AND tire? Or just camera visual trickery?)
      07-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #25
drocca
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X3 28d

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreigbs View Post
Nice choice, I was considering another set of Pirellis but I've had better experiences (and luck) with Michelins and Contis, so I'll likely go that route. Your old Goodyears were a few miles short of a catastrophic failure.

(Not to cause a ruckus, but is that fresh curb rash on the wheel AND tire? Or just camera visual trickery?)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Part Curb rash on rim and excessive tire shine (black spots). Tires are excessive tire shine with a very disintegrated sponge. Took the picture at the place where I installed it. I agree with you on Michelin tires and was comparing it with the Pilot Sport 3 but chose the Pirelli for the Promotion and availability.... as you know what situation I was in!
Appreciate 0