BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-10-2021, 06:46 AM   #1
spudslatte
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 x28i F25 70k mi

Restored my iDrive (non- touchscreen) with a detailing product to factory new

Good morning all - I recently purchased my '16 X3 and have made a few posts, to which several members have given me great response. So I thought I would share my experience with restoring my scratched and blemished iDrive screen, to maybe give back to the community.

This is a detailing product I purchased for @$15 from the supplier I use for my detailing products. Up until that point, I was down to either having a professional detailer try to lightly polish the screen, or purchase a used display screen from eBay, both at a cost of about $225.

I applied and removed this restorer 3 times, leaving it sit about 24 hrs between applications, and much to my surprise, the screen looks factory new. All blemishes and surface scratches are gone completely.

I dont wish to name the restorer or the company I purchased it from to avoid any semblance of affiliation with this company. I just wanted to share my experience of the amazing job it did and am more than willing to respond to PMs if anyone else wished to restore their screens. I also applied it to my headlights, tail lights, and fogs to clean up any hazing on the plastic.

I hope you all find this helpful, as I had lost hope that I could repair it myself. Take care
Appreciate 0