BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
boogysbmw
Noice
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX 50drive

Garage List
X3 Winter wheel offset question

Hey everyone, I am about to order a set of rims off of tirerack with some ICE2 tires on them but I notice the rim they recommend to me has a offsett of +35. The stock rims are supposedly +45. Is this a big deal? Should I proceed with the order?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...I3&qty_front=4

The link is for the rims

2023 BMW X1 xDrive28i - Portimao Blue Metallic / Black perforated /Shadowline/ M sport / premium package
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Chitown-Irish
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogysbmw View Post
Hey everyone, I am about to order a set of rims off of tirerack with some ICE2 tires on them but I notice the rim they recommend to me has a offsett of +35. The stock rims are supposedly +45. Is this a big deal? Should I proceed with the order?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...I3&qty_front=4

The link is for the rims
Can't help you with the offset question (I would trust them) but I can tell you the Michelin X-ICE tires are very good in the winter (especially on ice), have very good tire wear and were pretty quiet.

I had them on my 06 750i, they lasted three winters with some tread left on them (my daily commute is 90 miles round trip) and I never got stuck even though it was rear wheel drive.
2011 X3 xDrive35i F25 (CPO) Space Grey/Black Leather, Packages: Premium, Cold Weather, BMW Apps, Sirius and Technology. BMW CCA Member (WindyCity Chapter). Former cars: 06 750i E65 (CPO) 07 E90 335i (bought used but had problematic iDrive so sold it to get 7-series)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
boogysbmw
Noice
Rep

Garage List
^ Thanks for the tire input. They offered cheaper tires on tire rack but when it comes down to something as important as traction! Going cheap on tires is a grave and stupid mistake

2023 BMW X1 xDrive28i - Portimao Blue Metallic / Black perforated /Shadowline/ M sport / premium package
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
Chitown-Irish
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogysbmw View Post
^ Thanks for the tire input. They offered cheaper tires on tire rack but when it comes down to something as important as traction! Going cheap on tires is a grave and stupid mistake
Your welcome. You don't list where you live but I just wanted to add that I don't live in an area with deep snow and we have very good snow removal. So my main concern was with traction under icy conditions. If you live further up north you may wish to consider something better suited for snow.
2011 X3 xDrive35i F25 (CPO) Space Grey/Black Leather, Packages: Premium, Cold Weather, BMW Apps, Sirius and Technology. BMW CCA Member (WindyCity Chapter). Former cars: 06 750i E65 (CPO) 07 E90 335i (bought used but had problematic iDrive so sold it to get 7-series)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
boogysbmw
Noice
Rep

Garage List
I live in Missouri and snow removal sucks. Last year we had mild snow and my 16rim x ice tires did great and I hope the new set will perform just as great

Appreciate 0