BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #67
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
AJ any news on yours yet?.
Still planned for Monday, fingers crossed.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #68
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Picked car up tonight, everything running ok.
Alpine White, Black Leather, HUD, Auto, Pro media, Visibility, Climate Comfort,Storage, Cold weather Packs, Pro Loudspeaker system, Sun Protection Glass, Electric Adjust Front Seats, Reversing Camera with Top View, 19" 309's,Variable Damper Control,Variable sport steering, Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel. Re-ordered 27/7/11, Arrived 28/9/11
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #69
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
Picked car up tonight, everything running ok.
Good news.
      12-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #70
dave169
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 2.8i

Steering Error

I am also having this issue. Brand new 2012 X-3 2.8i. Intermittent error reports steering may be affected, and can hardly turn the wheel. When the error happens, restarting usually clears it temporarily and I can drive, but if it ever happened on the road, I can't imagine steering it as it is worse than standard - non-power steering. I know the 2011's had a recall for this, but I can't believe they allowed it to happen again! This appears to be very dangerous. Fortunately, I have been doing business with this dealer for years, and my rep made sure I was taken care of with a suitable BMW loaner (despite service's claim that there were absolutely no loaners left). Car is now in shop and awaiting news.
Another minor possible issue - Car hesitates when accelerating - slight, but very noticeable if you have experience driving them. Even in sport mode, it almost feels like it is "slipping". I know the engine is the smaller one w/out fuel injection, but I have had 2 previous x-3s, and both had the immediate acceleration I have come to expect from BMW.
Anyone else notice compromised performance that does not match the high engine rev? Perhaps an adjustment needs to be made?
Anyway, the steering is the main issue presently. I'm sure BMW will make it right.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #71
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave169 View Post
I am also having this issue. Brand new 2012 X-3 2.8i. Intermittent error reports steering may be affected, and can hardly turn the wheel. When the error happens, restarting usually clears it temporarily and I can drive, but if it ever happened on the road, I can't imagine steering it as it is worse than standard - non-power steering. I know the 2011's had a recall for this, but I can't believe they allowed it to happen again! This appears to be very dangerous. Fortunately, I have been doing business with this dealer for years, and my rep made sure I was taken care of with a suitable BMW loaner (despite service's claim that there were absolutely no loaners left). Car is now in shop and awaiting news.
Another minor possible issue - Car hesitates when accelerating - slight, but very noticeable if you have experience driving them. Even in sport mode, it almost feels like it is "slipping". I know the engine is the smaller one w/out fuel injection, but I have had 2 previous x-3s, and both had the immediate acceleration I have come to expect from BMW.
Anyone else notice compromised performance that does not match the high engine rev? Perhaps an adjustment needs to be made?
Anyway, the steering is the main issue presently. I'm sure BMW will make it right.
IF this happens whilst driving you will be in real trouble get the Rack changed quickly. I got £1000.00 UK Pounds compensation from BMW and all has been well for 2000+ miles since .
      12-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #72
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
IF this happens whilst driving you will be in real trouble get the Rack changed quickly. I got £1000.00 UK Pounds compensation from BMW and all has been well for 2000+ miles since .
congratulations John. glad things are going well. I got a new steering rack and that's it. my service manager claims BMWNA declined my request for any compensation. frustrating
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #73
AtlM5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 35i

Yikes...I didn't read the entire thread but since we were local I just wanted to chime in. I had the same power steering issue as you did. It happened within a week of owning the car ('11 x335i) and currently they are building my replacement 2012 X335i under the lemon law...you should be able to get something out of them. What dealer did you go to?
      01-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #74
Hutt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlM5 View Post
Yikes...I didn't read the entire thread but since we were local I just wanted to chime in. I had the same power steering issue as you did. It happened within a week of owning the car ('11 x335i) and currently they are building my replacement 2012 X335i under the lemon law...you should be able to get something out of them. What dealer did you go to?
Sent you a PM. Johns Creek is just a stones throw. I will be looking for ya on the road.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #75
June
Rep
Drives: 2012 x3 28i

I can hear you my friend.. I had a problem before with our x3 about increase battery discharge and it took them 10 days to fix the car. Until now Im still waiting for the check that they promise to reimburse the payment of diagnostic test that I paid. So I hate to say but this maybe another problem an x3 owner could probably encounter in the future.
Appreciate 0