BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #23
RaisinCain27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslermarine View Post
I was able to get the full weather package in the M-sport. If I remember correctly, that canceled the driver assist package...
Thanks for your (and everyone else's) help with the cold weather package issue. The debate continued even at the dealer tonight while placing my order and was settled once and for all when my CA searched and found about 30 M sports already ordered, and some already in production, with the cold weather package. No better confirmation than having things being built!

It was amazing though the confusion over this even at the dealer. Ask different people and get different answers, check the computer and get one answer, an order guide another. It was only because I insisted that they double and triple check, because of the feedback here, that I ultimately got the full cold weather package and did not just have to settle for the heated front seats. My future back seat passengers thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #24
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FINALLY! View Post
I ordered a 2015 M-Sport. The following options are not available on it per my Salesman.

-The new feature where you wave your foot under the rear bumper to open the tailgate is not available. Something to do with the M-Sport bumper. This sucks!

-ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant

Anyone know anything else not available? I know I'm missing something else.
I think driver assitance plus is the one tha i NOT available in the M Sport model...! Driver assitance is..!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #25
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Heated Steering wheel is still included thankfully. I live in Minneapolis
Heated steering wheel is NOT an option in the m Sport model... the only line you cna get with everything is the XLine...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #26
RaisinCain27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
Heated steering wheel is NOT an option in the m Sport model... the only line you cna get with everything is the XLine...
I placed an order last night that ioncluded the cold weather package and there was no mention of the heated steering wheel not being included in that package on the M Sport I ordered. Now, given the confusion on this issue, it would not totally surprise me if the dealer did not know that the heated steering wheel was not included, but I was not told that. So, based on the order I placed, and the other M Sports already in production with the cold weather package, I am expecting the heated steering wheel.

We shall see...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #27
H2Orower
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

My understanding...

According to BMW Order Guide notes, M-Sport cannot be ordered with the Cold Weather Package AND Driver Assistance Plus. My interpretation... You can have an M-Sport with Cold Weather... You can have an M-Sport with Driver Assistance Plus... But you cannot have an M-Sport with BOTH Cold Weather AND Driver Assistance Plus.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #28
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinCain27 View Post
I placed an order last night that ioncluded the cold weather package and there was no mention of the heated steering wheel not being included in that package on the M Sport I ordered. Now, given the confusion on this issue, it would not totally surprise me if the dealer did not know that the heated steering wheel was not included, but I was not told that. So, based on the order I placed, and the other M Sports already in production with the cold weather package, I am expecting the heated steering wheel.

We shall see...
unless they changed something in the ordering guide.... you could not order cwp with m sport in April which is when i ordered my x line...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #29
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 35i M-sport X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Orower View Post
My understanding...

According to BMW Order Guide notes, M-Sport cannot be ordered with the Cold Weather Package AND Driver Assistance Plus. My interpretation... You can have an M-Sport with Cold Weather... You can have an M-Sport with Driver Assistance Plus... But you cannot have an M-Sport with BOTH Cold Weather AND Driver Assistance Plus.
This is my understanding as well and how I ordered mine. M-sport + cold weather package with drive assistance omitted
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #30
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Also no more Lugage NET divider option... im not sure why BMW decided to get rid of this...!

I love the divider design...!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #31
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Also no more Lugage NET divider option... im not sure why BMW decided to get rid of this...!

I love the divider design...!
I agree! I have that on my current 2011 and found out it was not available on any model. Bummer.

Last edited by BMW FINALLY!; 05-09-2014 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #32
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ive been reading that on here. I also read it on the order guide as well. I called my CA and he assured me TWICE that BMW would not have accepted the order if it was not available. For instance, much like the Driver Assistance plus package. When he went to add it, it tells him not available etc etc. When adding the cold weather package this does not happen. My CA is the guy who orders all vehicles at the dealer and his one of the TOP salesman in the entire US. You should see all the trophy's at his desk. Im trusting his word. I will for sure pitch quite the fit if it doesn't. I would have gotten the Driver Assistance Plus package and got front heated seats as a stand alone option. Ill report as soon as I get it.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #33
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Also looking at pictures of M-Sport models it clearly shows the retractable headlight washers on the front bumber
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #34
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Also looking at pictures of M-Sport models it clearly shows the retractable headlight washers on the front bumber
Don't trust pictures... BMW had the tendency to mix and match models of other markets in their promotional materials... I went through the same thing also.... I tried to get cwp on a new LCI x3 m sport and my sales agent told me that the software they use to add packages was not allowing her to do that.... I am not sure if your sales man perhaps was using an updated version of the software but as of April 6 this option was not available... The ordering guide says you can not use add it to the m sport models. I looked at the bmw USA ordering guide as well as the military/diplomatic/NATO sales guide... Both stared the same thing
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #35
mspringer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i M-Sport/DHP

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
While only the xline and a few colors for the X3 are available on the BMW NA configurator, the X4 choices appear to be complete. These include cold weather package with heated steering wheel, and the driver assistance package, both of which can be added simultaneously to the M-sport line. If it's available for the X4 makes little sense it wouldn't be for the X3 as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #36
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't trust pictures... BMW had the tendency to mix and match models of other markets in their promotional materials... I went through the same thing also.... I tried to get cwp on a new LCI x3 m sport and my sales agent told me that the software they use to add packages was not allowing her to do that.... I am not sure if your sales man perhaps was using an updated version of the software but as of April 6 this option was not available... The ordering guide says you can not use add it to the m sport models. I looked at the bmw USA ordering guide as well as the military/diplomatic/NATO sales guide... Both stared the same thing
Thanks for the heads up! Ill have to follow up. Not much I can do now though since its in production
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #37
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspringer View Post
While only the xline and a few colors for the X3 are available on the BMW NA configurator, the X4 choices appear to be complete. These include cold weather package with heated steering wheel, and the driver assistance package, both of which can be added simultaneously to the M-sport line. If it's available for the X4 makes little sense it wouldn't be for the X3 as well.
Very good point as well! This is so odd! We will all have to wait and see when people start getting their cars if it has it or not. Seems like the only way to tell. Which is so STUPID! LOL Get it together BMW
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #38
BMW FINALLY!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post
Melbourne red scares me. Awesome color but I would get pulled over daily!
Pic is not a 35i but close enough.
Im a little late with my reply but thanks for the pic. Love those rims. Only reason why I didnt get them is because they dont come with all season tires. It snows where I live
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 05:36 AM   #39
Dnsjo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 35iM

With M Sport, you can get ZCW OR ZDB, BUT NOT BOTH, same as 2014. Cold pkg cancels Driver Assistance Plus. (Sorry about the formatting.)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/pdf/bmw-pr...cing-Guide.pdf

ZMMM Sport$2,700$2,700$2,400$2,600225Standard suspensionxxxx2TBSport automatic transmission with shift paddlesxxx2TESteering Wheel Gearshift Paddlesx2V119" M Double Spoke wheels - style 622M with all-season run-flat tiresxxxx(19x8.5, 245/45 R19)or2V2 19" M Double Spoke wheels - style 622M with performance run-flat tires+ $0+ $0+ $0+ $0(19x8.5, 245/45 R19 front and 19x9.5, 275/40 R19 rear)or2VX 20" M Double Spoke wheels - style 310M with performance run-flat tires+ $950+ $950+ $950(20x8.5, 245/40 R20 front and 20x10.0, 275/35 R20 rear)2VGPerformance Controlxxx337M Sport Packagexxxx3DZWithout Lines designation outsidexxxx3MCHigh-gloss Roof Railsxxxxor3AT Roof rails in Satin Aluminum+ $0+ $0+ $0+ $0481Sport seatsxxxx4ADBrushed Aluminum trimxxxxor4FU Fineline Anthracite Trim w/ chrome accent+ $0+ $0+ $0+ $0or4FV Fineline Light High Gloss Wood Trim w/ chrome accent+ $0+ $0+ $0+ $0or4FW Burl Walnut Wood Trim w/ chrome accent+ $0+ $0+ $0+ $0710M steering wheelxxxx715Aerodynamic kitxxxx760Shadowline exterior trimxxxx775Anthracite headlinerxxxx840Increased top speed limiterxxxxZMM in combination with ZDH deletes 225.xxxxZMM requires ordering ZDAxxxZMM cannot be ordered with ZXDxxxxZMM cannot be ordered with SensaTecxxxxZMM cannot be ordered with ZCW and ZDBxxxxZMM requires ordering 300, 416, 475, A52, A75 and A83xxxZMM requires ordering 300, 416, 475, A52, A75 o

Last edited by Dnsjo; 05-23-2014 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 0