BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-05-2017, 04:06 AM   #2157
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
Thanks - it does seem a little odd, I know it's nothing to do with the keyfob because it can open tailgate OK as long as the doors are unlocked first.

I think the dealer must have done something when they coded the new airbag & telematics modules to the car
There is HO-word OENE Open Tailgate after unlocking
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 07:28 AM   #2158
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
There is HO-word OENE Open Tailgate after unlocking
Thanks for that pointer - I've never looked at anything like that - is it as described in this thread (post 3 onwards)
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?p=8481753

but that has

Automatic trunk lid can be opened only when car is unlocked - add HO-Wort OENE, vo-code FEM/CAS/BDC
Automatic trunk lid can be opened while car is locked - add HO-Wort OEOE, vo-code FEM/CAS/BDC (not tested)
      03-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #2159
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for that pointer - I've never looked at anything like that - is it as described in this thread (post 3 onwards)

but that has

Automatic trunk lid can be opened only when car is unlocked - add HO-Wort OENE, vo-code FEM/CAS/BDC
Automatic trunk lid can be opened while car is locked - add HO-Wort OEOE, vo-code FEM/CAS/BDC (not tested)
Indeed; HO-wort (wort = german for word) are not something usually discussed in coding getting started guides. However, in addition to FA SA codes (eg, 609 Professional Nav), these are available to enable or disable various functions. TM's NCD / CAFD tool (FA / FP Resource) is a good place to check available options:

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 08:51 AM   #2160
Merlin82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 Xdrive35i

Just curious if there is a good place that has an article or something that can give me a crash course on coding. There are a few things I would like to do on my X3, but its a bit daunting looking at this 99 page thread. Would love to find one place that can give me a run down on what to do and the process. I already have all the software, just don't know what to do with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #2161
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin82 View Post
Just curious if there is a good place that has an article or something that can give me a crash course on coding. There are a few things I would like to do on my X3, but its a bit daunting looking at this 99 page thread. Would love to find one place that can give me a run down on what to do and the process. I already have all the software, just don't know what to do with it.
Where do you get your software from as normally E-Sys is packaged with all the DIY Coding Guides?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 10:21 AM   #2162
Merlin82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 Xdrive35i

Downloaded all the links you provided me, just have to install it on my laptop. And still need to buy an enet cable.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #2163
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin82 View Post
Downloaded all the links you provided me, just have to install it on my laptop. And still need to buy an enet cable.
Ok, then you have all the DIY Guides in the E-Sys.rar package.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 11:45 PM   #2164
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

shawn, can you send me the programs and DIY/cheat sheets for a 2017 340i please?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #2165
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
shawn, can you send me the programs and DIY/cheat sheets for a 2017 340i please?
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #2166
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

but that has

Quote:
Indeed; HO-wort (wort = german for word) are not something usually discussed in coding getting started guides. However, in addition to FA SA codes (eg, 609 Professional Nav), these are available to enable or disable various functions. TM's NCD / CAFD tool (FA / FP Resource) is a good place to check available options:

View post on imgur.com
I've had a look at the FA tree and the HO-Wort subtree is empty - is that normal?

Never having done anything with HO-Wort before, I'm being very cautious...
      03-16-2017, 01:15 AM   #2167
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I've had a look at the FA tree and the HO-Wort subtree is empty - is that normal?

Never having done anything with HO-Wort before, I'm being very cautious...
HO-Wort are not mandatory. Some cars come with them from factory, while others do not.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #2168
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
HO-Wort are not mandatory. Some cars come with them from factory, while others do not.
Thank you..
      03-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #2169
Cucca1976
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3 f25 futura 2011

Hi SHawn,

Can you please, send me the latest esys software and psdzdata as well?
My car info is: 04/2011 F25 X3 20dX SUV N47N Europe Left hand drive N, Production Code: WY31

Thanks a lot!
gglez
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #2170
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucca1976 View Post
Hi SHawn,

Can you please, send me the latest esys software and psdzdata as well?
My car info is: 04/2011 F25 X3 20dX SUV N47N Europe Left hand drive N, Production Code: WY31

Thanks a lot!
gglez
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 01:51 AM   #2171
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 x3

Hey Shawn,

Sent you a PM but my account is new so I'm not sure how limited I am with certain functionalities. Looking to code my car a bit and want to get the latest files of everything - and just ordered my cable. If you can't PM me, can you email me at zhoudaniell@gmail.com

I have a 2014 bmw x3

Thanks alot!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 06:44 AM   #2172
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoudaniell View Post
Hey Shawn,

Sent you a PM but my account is new so I'm not sure how limited I am with certain functionalities. Looking to code my car a bit and want to get the latest files of everything - and just ordered my cable. If you can't PM me, can you email me at zhoudaniell@gmail.com

I have a 2014 bmw x3

Thanks alot!
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #2173
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Thanks! I got the E-sys.rar, E-sys launcher premium 2.x, E-sys install instructions and the PSDZdata lite.

Do you by chance have the cheatsheet for functions as well - or should I just go back into the thread and find one of the older ones (assuming new ones haven't been added).

Also, I was on a website "bmw coding data base.", how legit is this to use? If I have a f25, what other chasis can I use for it?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #2174
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! I got the E-sys.rar, E-sys launcher premium 2.x, E-sys install instructions and the PSDZdata lite.

Do you by chance have the cheatsheet for functions as well - or should I just go back into the thread and find one of the older ones (assuming new ones haven't been added).

Also, I was on a website "bmw coding data base.", how legit is this to use? If I have a f25, what other chasis can I use for it?

Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MXo/edit#gid=0

BMW Coding Database is legit, although I don't use it myself. Not sure how accurate or comprehensive the Database is.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #2175
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MXo/edit#gid=0

BMW Coding Database is legit, although I don't use it myself. Not sure how accurate or comprehensive the Database is.
Awesome, thanks for this! a few quick questions and hopefully I can get going on my own:

- "speed in bc": is this the digital speedometer in the hub?
- side mirror camera disable at speed limit: is this actually useful for turning? I know that my side mirror cameras look down so I can park knowing how close the cars next me are (top view rear park functionality). Is there a way to mimic those vehicles that actually have a blind spot camera when turning (and activating it only when I'm say, turning right?)
- I didn't see this in the spreadsheet - do you have a list of codes to change the intro screen to something like the M sports one?
- Is there a code for full text message display, compass, rear view camera zoom, road route preview, or the ability to hack the "real time traffic" info so that it's not a paid service?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #2176
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for this! a few quick questions and hopefully I can get going on my own:

- side mirror camera disable at speed limit: is this actually useful for turning? I know that my side mirror cameras look down so I can park knowing how close the cars next me are (top view rear park functionality). Is there a way to mimic those vehicles that actually have a blind spot camera when turning (and activating it only when I'm say, turning right?)
- I didn't see this in the spreadsheet - do you have a list of codes to change the intro screen to something like the M sports one?
- Is there a code for full text message display, compass, rear view camera zoom, road route preview, or the ability to hack the "real time traffic" info so that it's not a paid service?
  • Speed in BC - dash option. Button on turn signal stalk to cycle through options
  • Personally think it is not useful. If you disable, then you have to manually toggle off.
  • You can use Cheat Codes part of Launcher.
  • Yes, yes, search trailer, yes, no
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #2177
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

What is "hub"? BC is for Board Computer and it is the Display in the Instrument Cluster that is toggled with the BC Stalk on Steering Column.

I can't comment on Camera Speed Coding. Personally I have no use for it and do not bother with it.

For other Head Unit Codings, use the F30 Cheat Sheet included with E-Sys.rar package.

There is no "hacking" RTTI to get a paid service for Free.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #2178
zhoudaniell
Private
Rep

Quote:
What is "hub"? BC is for Board Computer and it is the Display in the Instrument Cluster that is toggled with the BC Stalk on Steering Column.

I can't comment on Camera Speed Coding. Personally I have no use for it and do not bother with it.

For other Head Unit Codings, use the F30 Cheat Sheet included with E-Sys.rar package.

There is no "hacking" RTTI to get a paid service for Free.
Oh ok, so F30 stuff will also work on f25? any other chasis models?

And just to confirm, it seems like after reading throuhg a couple years worth of comments on here, that doing this doesn't really mess with the warranty or the ability to bring it into the dealership to get things fixed. There's no way that they'll see my vehicle, say "you custom coded this so we will no longer do any services to you car", correct?
Appreciate 0