BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Smile X3 Ambulance!

London has a lot X5 police cars, an xBimmers member has an X3 running as a taxi, but this is the first X3 ambulance I've seen. Hope I never get to see the inside of it!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
It's not an ambulance. It's what we call a "fly car" in the US - kind of like a first responder vehicle.

I'm surprised, in my few trips to europe I've seen a bunch. Nice find though
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

It is an ambulance. In the UK, it is known as an RV or RRV (rapid response vehicle). It is sent to 'red' and 'purple' calls where the call taker has determined that an 8 minute response time is required as the incident is immediately life threatening.
It carries the same medical equipment and medication as is carried on a front line ambulance - but no stretcher or spinal immobilisation gear.

RRVs are occasionally used to transport patients. If we decide a patient needs to go to hospital, we can transport some of them in the back of the RV if they don't need to be 'attended' (i.e. no ongoing intervention or monitoring).

The ambulance service in my area generally use Skoda, Ford or Volvo cars as RRVs - but I'd love to drive one of these as well as my own. It would be interesting to drive one at speed routinely without running the risk of getting a ticket

Cheers
P
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Interesting. I'm yet to see it in the flesh but it's Berkshire based so I'll keep an eye out

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0