BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
mhrir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Very fast

Production Delays

So my order has been delayed until early May due to the lack of parts for the power tailgate in the Convenience Package. Now I have read that BMW will start making navigation a mandatory option on the X3 (and 5 series) beginning with May production until further notice. Since there is no way I am paying for nav, it sounds like it may be some time before my order will be built.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrir View Post
So my order has been delayed until early May due to the lack of parts for the power tailgate in the Convenience Package. Now I have read that BMW will start making navigation a mandatory option on the X3 (and 5 series) beginning with May production until further notice. Since there is no way I am paying for nav, it sounds like it may be some time before my order will be built.
My CA got a memo saying that without the NAV option, production could be pushed back to August or even further out. Good luck. I couldn't take the chance and just ordered the technology package even though I didn't want it.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
mhrir
Private First Class
Rep

We ordered an X3 because we are expecting our first child in September. I really wanted to get the vehicle taken care of before then. If the delay will be August or later I may have to rethink getting a X3 and look at the competition again.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrir View Post
We ordered an X3 because we are expecting our first child in September. I really wanted to get the vehicle taken care of before then. If the delay will be August or later I may have to rethink getting a X3 and look at the competition again.

If you ordered with the Nav or tech package you will be fine, otherwise, it's anyones guess.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
mhrir
Private First Class
Rep

No way I am paying for nav, it just isn't very good. Plus I really want the Convenience Package. I talked with the wife and if we can't get an X3 built in May then we will likely pull the plug on the order. Back to square one...

Big concern now is if there will be any new cars to buy over the next few months that won't be loaded to the gills. I am starting to believe that since production for many manufacturers is significantly reduced, they will only build loaded vehicles to increase the profit per vehicle. I bet they are still losing money by not running at full production capacity though.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Ordered mine early April and was told that it would be at Fort Worth, TX dealer by the end of April. Then, I was called by salesman a few days later and told that since I did not have Nav that there was a delay due to Japanese radio part shortage. This week I was called again to say mine was back on schedule and is in production right now - to be delivered in about 7-10 days.
Appreciate 0