BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #23
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport

I have considered oyster but I think itīs more sensitive to "dirt" (?) and I like the lighter interior that includes with beige leather. Maybe youīre right about that oyster or black would fit the msport better. I have black leather in my 135i so I want a change. But now iīm confused again, maybe beige donīt do well with msport...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Arvid, have you considered the oyster rather than beige leather?

I have the beige in my 5 series SE but think the oyster looks more sporty and might compliment your m sport better?

Both will look nice with the sienna wood (as does the balck leather)
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #24
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvid View Post
I have considered oyster but I think itīs more sensitive to "dirt" (?) and I like the lighter interior that includes with beige leather. Maybe youīre right about that oyster or black would fit the msport better. I have black leather in my 135i so I want a change. But now iīm confused again, maybe beige donīt do well with msport...
It will look good, dont worry - trust your gut

I have chosen the Oyster as a change from the biege but the biege does look good with black paintwork in my 5 series

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #25
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

yeah it aint easy anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktjernstrom View Post
Second that. Color is always a matter of personal taste of course, but I've always found that beige works best with "warm" exterior colors, like green, dark red and similar, whereas "cold" exterior colors like grey, white and black need corresponding interior colors like black, grey etc.

But I'm an interior design buff as well, so don't take it too serious...

Karl
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #26
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Thanks, donīt forget to post pictures of your car when you get it, it will look great

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
It will look good, dont worry - trust your gut

I have chosen the Oyster as a change from the biege but the biege does look good with black paintwork in my 5 series
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #27
ktjernstrom
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Xdrive20d 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvid View Post
yeah it aint easy anyway...

What about the red interior? That would probably look really cool, and set your car apart from the more "bland" X3:s, like my white on black...

Karl
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #28
billy335i
Billybin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sedan jet black

Nice!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #29
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Thanks but my wife donīt like the red interior...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktjernstrom View Post
What about the red interior? That would probably look really cool, and set your car apart from the more "bland" X3:s, like my white on black...

Karl
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #30
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Wow so 49,000 Kronors is about $7,300 US dollars, that seems insane for the M Package.

It would be $6,000 more than the Sport Activity Package, maybe I am missing something here.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #31
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Unfortunately we only have one package in sweden (and m-sport). The car is a bit more expensive in Sweden, the car with my spec is more than 83,000 US dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Wow so 49,000 Kronors is about $7,300 US dollars, that seems insane for the M Package.

It would be $6,000 more than the Sport Activity Package, maybe I am missing something here.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #32
4sure
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport Package

Hi, Congrats on your new order!!!

Anyone know when the BMW X3 with M-Sport Package will hit Canada?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #33
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Thank you!

Sorry donīt know...

/Arvid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sure View Post

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #34
Tsambi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

On which country web page is the m pack showing as build option . I have tried a few countries and no luck. I have deleted cookies and browser history just in case not picking up new uploads but still no success.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #35
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsambi View Post
On which country web page is the m pack showing as build option . I have tried a few countries and no luck. I have deleted cookies and browser history just in case not picking up new uploads but still no success.
it was on uk site, looks like they removed it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #36
acey81
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3

Arvid, I'm about to order mine, just waiting to hear back from my dealer regarding the M-sportpackage. It's a bit expensive, but since I had all the options on already, the premium for the M-sport is only somewhere around 18 000 or something like that, which I think will be worth it.

I'm looking at Carbon Black with Oyster. The only thing stopping me is that I can't see one IRL with that combo. Or even an image online...

When will you get yours? And from what dealer?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #37
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sure View Post

The Canadian product planning bulletin, issued on Oct 22, 2010 says "available as of April production" - I hope this helps...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #38
4sure
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijioben View Post
The Canadian product planning bulletin, issued on Oct 22, 2010 says "available as of April production" - I hope this helps...
Thank U!!

Are u planning on getting the M Package aswell?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #39
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

Not this time - I've maxed out pretty much everything but I'm gunning for a comfort ride so for this time - no M package and no Sport package. Standard (for Canada) 18" wheels and VDC to make the ride as smooth as possible... Even though when my wife rode the test model with no VDC she found it acceptable. If BMW works for us, it'll be the beginning of a beautiful friendship, with many renewals down the road. One of them may be a sportier ride
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 06:08 AM   #40
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

Smile 3 month's delay for my M-sport

I have changed my order of SE to Msport and the dealer quoted 3 months delay delivery.

Its works out to be only about Ģ600 more than the SE of teh same spec with the addition of brush alu, M-sport styling, chrome exhaust trim... etc which I think is a absolute steal.

Also I don't need to add things line X-line pro anymore as the car looks great as it is.

Msport then works out to be cheaper for me and hopefully, I will also get a little more when it comes to re-sale.

Hope the long wait is worth it!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 06:26 AM   #41
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
I have changed my order of SE to Msport and the dealer quoted 3 months delay delivery.

Its works out to be only about Ģ600 more than the SE of teh same spec with the addition of brush alu, M-sport styling, chrome exhaust trim... etc which I think is a absolute steal.

Also I don't need to add things line X-line pro anymore as the car looks great as it is.

Msport then works out to be cheaper for me and hopefully, I will also get a little more when it comes to re-sale.

Hope the long wait is worth it!
I think that's a good decision on balance, and I would probably do the same if ordering now. Would like to see it in the flesh in some more colours though because I'm not completely sold on the side skirts. What will the total wait be if it's delivered on time?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #42
AC888
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I think that's a good decision on balance, and I would probably do the same if ordering now. Would like to see it in the flesh in some more colours though because I'm not completely sold on the side skirts. What will the total wait be if it's delivered on time?

I have seen it in Paris show, I do admit its not a great look car but probably the most efficient, best to drive and cheapest to run car in this section. It does look better in the real compared to the SE as the black plastic on the real bumper is too big IMO. The black side clading should also be a bit chunkier like RR sport ...the list go on.

I will only give it 6/10 in the looks department (7/10 for M-sport), as I think the X5 looks a lot better, but then it's far to big and expensive for my need.

Its certain a best all rounder compared to others, a similar XC60 Rdesign D5 auto will cost more to buy and own, inferior to drive, looks better, dealer network is weaks as most share with Ford.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #43
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
I have seen it in Paris show, I do admit its not a great look car but probably the most efficient, best to drive and cheapest to run car in this section. It does look better in the real compared to the SE as the black plastic on the real bumper is too big IMO. The black side clading should also be a bit chunkier like RR sport ...the list go on.

I will only give it 6/10 in the looks department (7/10 for M-sport), as I think the X5 looks a lot better, but then it's far to big and expensive for my need.

Its certain a best all rounder compared to others, a similar XC60 Rdesign D5 auto will cost more to buy and own, inferior to drive, looks better, dealer network is weaks as most share with Ford.
Agree on the X5 looking better but like you said, it's too big and more expensive to buy, insure, tax and run. I think I would also drive an X5 much less efficiently than just the difference in advertised mpg, if you see what I mean!

Are you getting it in white then?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #44
AC888
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Agree on the X5 looking better but like you said, it's too big and more expensive to buy, insure, tax and run. I think I would also drive an X5 much less efficiently than just the difference in advertised mpg, if you see what I mean!

Are you getting it in white then?
White is certainly nice, but it doesn't particularly suit this X3.

I have gone for Space Grey as its the easiest to look after and still looks great IMO. In UK, the weather is too poor and wet for white unless you wash it everyday( then you will leave scratch marks on the surface ), White is more suitable for hotter country like East Asia or some part of USA where the weather is always good.

White colour suits cars with TT, 3 serious coupe or the Evoque much more than X3, I think.
Appreciate 0