BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Pirelli Run Flat Warranty; UK ?

It turns out I have a slow puncture at the back left tire.. I lose about a PSI a day.. So I need a repair or a swap.
I know there is a Pirelli "Run Flat Warranty" bulletin that is supposed to give me a free swap, has anyone managed to get that working in the UK?
      07-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

I *thought* this was just the US and Canada, but I may be wrong. It was called the 'Road Hazard Warranty' or something like that.

Annoying if it does exist here as surely that would have negated the need for me to buy seperate tyre insurance!
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
It turns out I have a slow puncture at the back left tire.. I lose about a PSI a day.. So I need a repair or a swap.
I know there is a Pirelli "Run Flat Warranty" bulletin that is supposed to give me a free swap, has anyone managed to get that working in the UK?
Funny enough I had been researching this myself when working out the benefits of tyre insurance .... I could find nothing that seemed applicable to the UK ..... The UK T's and C's seem only to cover defect tyres and not road hazards.

MS
      07-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #4
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Well it turns ou the "euromaster" shop (in the middle on wales!) repaired the tire, for £32. There was a screw in it. They told me they don't repair run flats, but I argued that it hadn't deflated, as it's a slow puncture, and they relented.
I couldn't find any reference to the pirelli warranty in the UK in the end. Might consider the tire insurance now...
      07-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #5
scotta2
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY2013 F25 X3 M Sport

They told me they don't repair run flats, but I argued that it hadn't deflated, as it's a slow puncture, and they relented.

Did they ask you to sign a disclaimer?
      07-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta2 View Post
They told me they don't repair run flats, but I argued that it hadn't deflated, as it's a slow puncture, and they relented.

Did they ask you to sign a disclaimer?
Not at all... it was pretty painless. I think that if you can say that it's 1) a slow puncture, losing about 1psi a day and 2) monitored it and topped it up, it's hard to justify the "damaged sidewalls" argument they would usually use...

Anyway, I'm slightly reassured having runflats now...
      07-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
Stevenuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011

I have had 2 "slow" punctures in the same tire the back drivers side and when i took to the garage and ask if they repaired run flats they said why wouldent we and its been fine both times and only cost £10 each time.
Appreciate 0