BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
bluesmachine
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e blue/cognac

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
1998 BMW 328ic  [0.00]
I really love this car...

I ordered and received my X3 35i about two months ago. Alpine white with the red chestnut leather and the lighter, siena wood. I am at 1100 miles so just shy of the breakin period being done.

Most options except for heads up display. Tech, Conv, Sport, Apps, Upgraded Stereo, etc...

I had driven a 2001 VW Passat for a decade before getting this car.

Things I really like:

1. Flicking the gearshift knob to the left (USA) and how the car downshifts one gear so it puts you right in that sweetspot to pass someone, accelerate smoothly, etc... It's great to race around town flicking the gearshift knob and having some fun. But as soon as someone is in front of you, you can pop it into Drive and sort of take it easy.

2. The Windows. I know this sounds funny, but with summer time, I really like how if you open the two front windows only you get LOTS of airflow throughout the car, but if you crack the rear two windows, you get a little LESS airflow depending on what you want. Try it. Very cool. Maybe like every other car but it seems to really work in the X3.

3. Siriuis reception. Very solid. no drop outs.

4. Cruise control like everyone has mentioned. So very cool.

5. Sunroof is huge. many (too many?) options for open, 1/2 open, shade open, etc...

6. perfect size for bikes, luggage, your dog, 2 kids in the back, etc...such a perfect size.

7. top down view is just awesome for parking and making sure you dont get curb rash. pararell parking is just awesome.

i know there are other things - like the engine itself - just sublime - that i am forgetting but anyway, im pretty happy.

sorry if these are repeats, just had some free time and some good drives recently.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Powerrunner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i 2011

I feel the same about my enjoyment and driving experience with the X335i. Until I took delivery of my X3 I did not enjoy driving, now I look for reasons to drive somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Enjoyed your post. Couldn't agree more. Love this car. It's biased so much toward the handling of a 3 series sedan and away from a large SUV that I enjoy driving, have the capabilities of the SAV, and don't pine for the sedan -- I wouldn't pass one up, though! Spent a year sans BMW driving a 4Runner and another driving a V70 wagon. There were things about each I liked, but I dent really like them. Would never look for an excuse to drive like I do with the BMWs.

Not that I really look for this sort of thing, but I've noticed a lot of folks eyeballing the X3 -- many BMW drivers. They could be shocked at it's ugliness, but I like to think it's caught their eye, haven't seen one on the riad, and are trying to figure out what the deal is.
      07-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

I'm glad you enjoy your car. I just got my X3 last week. I have the same color options as you. Alpine white with chestnut Nevada interior with Siena trim. Most people get the Wave trim and the BMW color combinations doesn't recommend Chestnut with Siena but I personally love the combinations. I absolutely love the light wood center console.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
rpiopio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2011 X3 , 2000e39

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Nice to see this post since a lot of the other more recent posts have been about problems people are having. Congrats. This just adds to my anticipation.
      07-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Enjoyed your post. Couldn't agree more. Love this car. It's biased so much toward the handling of a 3 series sedan and away from a large SUV that I enjoy driving, have the capabilities of the SAV, and don't pine for the sedan -- I wouldn't pass one up, though! Spent a year sans BMW driving a 4Runner and another driving a V70 wagon. There were things about each I liked, but I dent really like them. Would never look for an excuse to drive like I do with the BMWs.

Not that I really look for this sort of thing, but I've noticed a lot of folks eyeballing the X3 -- many BMW drivers. They could be shocked at it's ugliness, but I like to think it's caught their eye, haven't seen one on the riad, and are trying to figure out what the deal is.
The design exudes "high tech expensiveness." What with the corona LEDs and the swooping lines and wheels and the contrast stitched sport seats, people can't get enough. All of the newer BMWs draw a different kind of attention uncharacteristic of other new cars on the road.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
I also agree...it is a very enjoyable car to drive with.
Coming home from work with a boxy Chevi Equinox in the evenings, can't wait to find a reason and take the car out for a spin and resolve the back restrains I got from driving inconveniently the whole day...
But that's the good part: when you feel the obvious difference!!!
Appreciate 0