BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Charging the key fob

Ok so I've seen a bunch of threads out there on keys and I have yet another one. So do you know how in other bimmers you need to plug the fob into the little "outlet" in the car? Well this also charges the battery in the fob correct? Well that does not exist in the X3 so how does one go about charging the battery in the fob?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Already discussed in another thread but the gist of it is you don't charge the key, you just change the battery when it dies.

Link to other thread:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ghlight=charge
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
Ok so I've seen a bunch of threads out there on keys and I have yet another one. So do you know how in other bimmers you need to plug the fob into the little "outlet" in the car? Well this also charges the battery in the fob correct? Well that does not exist in the X3 so how does one go about charging the battery in the fob?
It's non rechargeable. Just replace it when it runs out. Lotus covered this one

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9677294

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
It's non rechargeable. Just replace it when it runs out. Lotus covered this one

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9677294
sweet guys...thanks! I was wondering if that was the case! Should have searched!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
sweet guys...thanks! I was wondering if that was the case! Should have searched!
...or asked your BMW Engineer buddies.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #6
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
...or asked your BMW Engineer buddies.
Hey LEDZEP...seriously if you are just being an @sshole then go f*ck yourself b/c if you think I'm just making sh*t up about knowing people then I'm not obligated in any way to help you @ssholes out...seriously why do you have to be like that??? I have a close friend who works at BMW NA that has contacts in Germany.....if you think I'd waste my posts here on this forum for the sake of posting then whatever...good luck to you...

If you really think I'd ask design engineers about such petty sh*t as charging a key then maybe I should not do anything for this board...seriously....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
WagonRider
Leo
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 (X3) 28i

Quote:
Hey LEDZEP...seriously if you are just being an @sshole then go f*ck yourself b/c if you think I'm just making sh*t up about knowing people then I'm not obligated in any way to help you @ssholes out...seriously why do you have to be like that??? I have a close friend who works at BMW NA that has contacts in Germany.....if you think I'd waste my posts here on this forum for the sake of posting then whatever...good luck to you...

If you really think I'd ask design engineers about such petty sh*t as charging a key then maybe I should not do anything for this board...seriously....
Ah..LZ made that comment in jest.. No need to get that worked up and use a lot of 'French'.

What you asked is a valid Q and has been discussed before as other posters have indicated. :-)

Last edited by WagonRider; 06-14-2011 at 12:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #8
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonRider View Post
Ah..LZ made that comment in jest.. No need to get that worked up and use a lot of 'French'.

What you asked is a valid Q and has been discussed before as other posters have indicated. :-)
Ok...if I took the wrong way sorry.... I'm just getting the idea that (per another thread) since I indicated I have a contact within BMW who can contact actual engineering folks in germany, that people are scoffing at me thinking I'm full of sh*t thats all.....I've just seen some random comments around other threads now that whenever I ask something it's "hey ask your engineering buddies"..So again if taken the wrong way my bad.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
mhrir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Very fast

Quote:

Wow what a douche. Chillax dude.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
rpiopio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2011 X3 , 2000e39

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Anger is deep with this one.
      06-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #11
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Wonder if the actual engineering folks in Germany approved the anger?
      06-15-2011, 05:17 AM   #12
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Wonder if the actual engineering folks in Germany approved the anger?
Probably not but I did man up and say that if all he was doing was playing around then I'm a d*ck and should have just smiled back...

However if my initial reaction was correct (and it seems to be based on the way by others continue to poke and prod at this) then although my reply was still harsh yes, the intention was there by someone to belittle or scoff at my "engineering buddies". I really don't understand...what everyoneon this thread (including me) wants is real answers...I have a true means to ask for help, but when I put it out there nobody either cares or takes it seriously. Can someone please level set with me and say either "mole we really think that what you said is a fairy tale" or "mole that's cool you know someone who knows someone...plesae get answers". Still though...when I get some more questions from people on the DHP thread I'll get them put together and over to my friend.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #13
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Amusing thread. It's a forum so you are bound to get things being misconstrued sometimes. I'm sure most people will appreciate inside information from BMW engineers so they'll be very grateful to read it and will thank you for posting it

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0