BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #45
KrisNL
Hero of the Day
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Wondering what FRT's came on the last delivered 28i's 18' for Europe lately. Still PZero's?

Had RFT's Summer and Winter on my Z4, never had any issues.
      06-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #46
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by S70IP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You should also bear in mind that most tyre fitters won't repair run flats so if you do get a puncture you'll have to replace the tyre at great expense. It's something to do with liability and the fact that they can't test for side wall damage in the same way that they could if it was a normal tyre. Even if the tyre can be repaired, they will often refuse to repair it - or so I've heard.
This is what happened to me the other morning. I was driving to work, got about 1km down the road and the tire (tyre if you are European or Asia... ) sensor went off. About another 1.5km I pulled into a service station. Sure enough front left tire was at 15 psi. I topped it up to 40psi (recommended pressure from dealer by the way, contradicting the manual). Reset tire monitor. Waited 5 mins, tested pressure. 39 psi. Being 4:00am couldn't do much so drove to work another 25 km. tested pressure (now a "hot" tire. Pressure 39psi.... Hmmm
Went to work left car in carpark.
Came back from my two day trip (I'm a pilot) tyre pressure 37 psi. Drove to service station pumped up tire to 40psi.
Drove home. Pressure was 40psi.... Hmmm
Next morning tested pressure. 37psi. Drove to a tyre centre asked them to investigate. Found a large bolt with the top sheared off in the tyre. They removed it plugged the tire.
Haven't had an issue since. 40psi every morning (except after about 3-4 weeks when all the tyres drop to 39 psi as they have always done especially with ambient temp variations at the moment).

Long story but the short is they can be repaired.

No. They should not be repaired.

There is no way to keep track of how far you drive in an unpressurized state.

Thus, your only option is to replace them.
Appreciate 0