BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #23
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobs View Post
I have a 12v socket in the rear passenger comp, just below the rear vents (not sure if that's standard or part of the storage pack). Anyway other storage pack features I have - Net on lhs of boot (very useful), boot floor rails with a set of 4 hooks (not used yet), bag hooks (very useful), folding box (not used yet and prob wont - had one in the Merc and didn't), Large elastic securing net, securing strap on rhs (useful), Driver side small glovebox (very useful), Passenger side footwell net (not used yet), Seat back nets (good for kids but a bit small), Cup holders in rear armrest (kids love them, good for long journeys from experience).

That all i've found so far! Re comments on electric sports seats. I definitely did not order full electric, expected electric height and backrest but got full memory seats. IMO electric (part also) is essential if you have more than one driver (i often like to change my seat position with doing so many miles actually). Instead of the daft BM height adjustment - why can't they have a ratchet like everyone else?
The rear board with the rails on it can be turned over also, although for the life of me I can't remember what the advantage was. I saw it on one of the US videos I think.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #24
Dobs
Rep
Drives: F25 xdrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
The rear board with the rails on it can be turned over also, although for the life of me I can't remember what the advantage was. I saw it on one of the US videos I think.
It can and I've turned it so (part of) the carpet stays clean. I thought that I was getting a reversible mat, is this it! Not great if so. The area outside of the rails are carpet when the centre section is turned.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 07:08 AM   #25
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20i M Sport

Hi Dobs, thanks for the write up. Convinced I need to get Luggage added.

Well done on the seats. I removed the seat package to control budget, happily knowing (assuming) the Sports seats would have electric up/down adjustment as described on the configurator at the time I placed my order .

Max3
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #26
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

As noted on the "Mineral Silver last Saturday" thread...

Looked on Uk config - if you add the Extended Luggage Option you see the front silver cupholders. And even better the drivers side glove/glasses box now appears rather than the blank moulding.

Anone spotted other changes along the way.

Max3

Last edited by Max1Factor; 05-05-2011 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #27
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Definitely worth adding extended storage. One of the things I regret not adding. I hope to get some shopping bag hooks separately though and I'm not keen on the nets

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

All though many of us moan at the configurator it has become known to posters above that actually the options you tick are detailed on the configurator. The rear luggage net, for example, can be seen through the side windows if checked (may be not with priv glass) same for nav pro - the dash changes to eliminate the MPG gauge. that said I only noticed these myself after reading here that nav pro changes the screen size and dash!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
All though many of us moan at the configurator it has become known to posters above that actually the options you tick are detailed on the configurator. The rear luggage net, for example, can be seen through the side windows if checked (may be not with priv glass) same for nav pro - the dash changes to eliminate the MPG gauge. that said I only noticed these myself after reading here that nav pro changes the screen size and dash!
very observant! But do the back windows get darker if you add window blinds to SP glass? (they do in real life)

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #30
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
All though many of us moan at the configurator it has become known to posters above that actually the options you tick are detailed on the configurator.
I was hoping to see where the additional speakers get added.

sfax you'll know. Are any located in the rear luggage area like on my Touring?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #31
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max3Factor View Post
Quote:
All though many of us moan at the configurator it has become known to posters above that actually the options you tick are detailed on the configurator.
I was hoping to see where the additional speakers get added.

sfax you'll know. Are any located in the rear luggage area like on my Touring?
Not for business speakers, no, only in the front and back doors and centre. Might get them there with pro setup

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 06:46 AM   #32
Benassi
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanWindebank View Post
I feel like I constantly repeat myself sorry everyone, but does anyone know what is required to get the additional storage options in Aus please?
Those that Max3 mentioned came with my 20d...all the while I thought they were standard?
1. Glove box on drivers's side. (Mrs B was the one who discovered it when she drove and looked for a place for her sunnies case)
2. 12V socket in the rear- definitely standard - son was charging his DSi while on test drive. (so 3 12V sockets in total in the car- front, rear and boot)
3. 2 cupholders in the rear centre armrest.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0