BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

EDC mechanism location

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where the mechanism to adjust the dampening is located on the X3?

On my M3 it's on top of the strut and it spins an adjustment screw on the top.

I tried looking up diagrams of the X3 EDC module but the pictures are not that great. Is the adjustment done on the side (towards the bottom) of the strut?

Thanks
      06-02-2017, 07:44 AM   #2
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

EDC is optional on X3/X4, and has two settings: Comfort and Sport. No other adjustments.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
EDC is optional on X3/X4, and has two settings: Comfort and Sport. No other adjustments.
You're so wrong as usual, EDC is part of the DHP (Dynamic Handling pkg) on X3/X4. He's not asking on the settings but where its located (hardware wise). The EDC setting is also Comfort (more comfy), Sport (option to keep throttle comfort or as sport), and sport+ (full blast) which is also a notch better than cars with stock suspension (non-DHP). The DDC is standard on X4 M40i because the suspension has been revised and retuned for MPE specifications which makes each setting better than its predecessor.

dreamspeed after swapping springs my only guess it would be near there, did you see on realoem.com ?

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
You're so wrong as usual, EDC is part of the DHP (Dynamic Handling pkg) on X3/X4. He's not asking on the settings but where its located (hardware wise). The EDC setting is also Comfort (more comfy), Sport (option to keep throttle comfort or as sport), and sport+ (full blast) which is also a notch better than cars with stock suspension (non-DHP). The DDC is standard on X4 M40i because the suspension has been revised and retuned for MPE specifications which makes each setting better than its predecessor.

dreamspeed after swapping springs my only guess it would be near there, did you see on realoem.com ?
Yah i've looked up the diagram, i assume the mechanism is what #10 plugs into. It doesn't look like that wire has a motor attached so maybe the motorized portion is on the strut? I was just hoping for a real photo of the mechanism.

I can just take a look whenever I take off wheels next time.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=31_0936

I hate how on BMWs you can't set each individual setting SEPARATELY. Like if I want comfort dampening and shifting with heavier steering I can't set that.

And it sucks that you can't set sport mode as default on startup