BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-27-2023, 10:31 AM   #1
frks2007
Registered
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 Xdrive2.0d

Cabin heating malfunction

Hi,
I m having an issue with my cabin heating.
Heating is only working when the temp is set to the max (in my case 28 C). As soon as I turn it down for just a half of degree it starts blowing a normal cold air.
Before I take it in to the shop and gat ripped off, I would like to know what could be causing this issue. My first thought is, naturally, thermostat but it could be something else...

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 10:49 AM   #2
frks2007
Registered
Hungary
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 Xdrive2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by frks2007 View Post
Hi,
I m having an issue with my cabin heating.
Heating is only working when the temp is set to the max (in my case 28 C). As soon as I turn it down for just a half of degree it starts blowing a normal cold air.
Before I take it in to the shop and gat ripped off, I would like to know what could be causing this issue. My first thought is, naturally, thermostat but it could be something else...

Thanks in advance!
Just a couple of minutes after I posted this I found an answer to my question in following reddit post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/BMWi3/comme..._isnt_working/

In short, it seems that one can reset the heating system by quickly turning the temp knob from min-to-max six times

This reset actually worked for me and restored the heating back to normal...go figure
Appreciate 1
Wgosma809.00