BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-11-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Deleting CELs with MHD

I have searched far. I have searched wide. I came up with nothing, but I now pass my knowledge on to this group.

I usually post in the e90 N55 forums, because of the larger audience and more tuning prone crowd (I mean seriously guys, you have threads like "which oil should I use" and "how do i lights?" and "tilting mirrors no longer tilting even though it's just a switch", but the CEL delete I am going to outline does NOT translate to their DMEs nor MHD application.

So, have YOU ever wanted to delete a pesky non-issue code? Are you running catless and hate the issues? Do YOU want to delete your MAF to improve driveability? Welcome to the F series N55 CEL delete guide.

What you will need:
- F series car
- MHD tune license (No need for OTS, unless you want to pay money for trash tunes. I can provide you with a fantastic tune for a 00000D07596401 DME)
- MHD monitor license
- Some annoying non-issue DME related CEL

First, get MHD and their MHD wifi adapter. I am NOT a MHD shill (and quite hate a lot of their tunes, !especially since you can't edit them! so save your money and time by avoiding them, but their "tools" are good).
The website for the MHD flasher license (though, it's located in Google Play / Apple app store)
The Monitor license (though, it is purchased through the MHD app)
The wifi adapter (This one is actually quite useful. You can use it for xHP, xDelete, bimmercode, etc.)

Second, flash MHD.
There is a guide/manual on MHD's website, but I've already compiled THIS

Third, "generate stock tune" with MHD.
- Read the MHD official manual on how to do this. I'm lazy.

Fourth, identify your code to delete (CEL) with MHD's "read diagnostic codes" section.
- Read the MHD official manual on how to do this. I'm lazy.

For reference, here are a few example codes to delete
180001 - Cat efficiency (delete for catless)
120308 - Charging pressure too low, Plausibility pressure too low
10BA49 - Intake air temperature too low comparison to intake (useful for meth inject)

Fifth, get TunerPro.
It's free

Sixth, get the XDF for your vehicle.
They're on GitHub

Seventh, open your stock BIN (stock tune) and XDF.
You'll open your BIN first after getting it off your tablet/phone and on to your computer.
You'll make sure the XDF is right by navigating to something like Ignition > Timing and seeing a table that makes sense (RPM on columns increasing normally down the columns, load up top increasing normally left to right.)

Eighth, navigate to the Toggles > MHD - codes list to deactivate
- You should see several rows with 'C3C3C3C3' already populated

Ninth, Simply type in your SIX character hex CEL. YES, it is SIX digits whereas the TunerPro table had EIGHT digits. That's okay. If you save, you will realize it prefixes the entires with '00' before your code. Alternatively, you could add the '00' prefix when entering. Whatever floats your boat.

Tenth, save your BIN and flash it!

NOTE - sometimes deleting codes can lead to incorrect DME logic being used. I am currently MAFless and if I try to delete code '102002' I get locked into some weird incorrect fueling issue. So if you experience undesirable performance after deleting a code, just flash back to your previous revision / stock. However, I have already deleted the following without issue.

102A01
102A22
10BA49

Happy tuning.
Appreciate 1