BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #23
maestroX2
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
Hmm, my dealer never had me sign any papers for the car but I had taken the time to work out the pricing and options for the vehicle before putting down a deposit; I really hope the dealer doesn't pull a 180 after the car arrives.

Anyone know if the pricing I worked out with them is considered official? My stepdad leased a car from the same salesperson a few years back but I don't have much experience in purchasing a car. I'm not looking to finance and am buying the car outright, I hope this is the reason why they didn't have BMW finance contact me.

You only have to deal with Finance when you make a payment for the car even if you pay cash. If you pay check, they'll ask you to do option contract. This is to protect them against check fraud.

Inside the Finance room, they'll try to sell many warranties or insurances. You can still negotiate on these warranties.

I did write full amount on the check minus 5k maximum allowable on credit card. I wish I can put all $50k on Credit Card. You can ask your CA to calculate Out of the Door price based on your agreed purchase price. This will include purchase price, sales tax, title and registration, dealer document fee and MACO fee ( if applicable ).

If you have time, read Edmund.com on purchasing a car. It will save you time and headache.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #24
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
You must be a better poker player then me. All I got was two key chains with the dealer's phone number on them, and two crummy license plate frames with the dealer's name and number on them in giant print. They were the first things I removed from the car as soon as I got home. Had to pay full list for the floor mats and cargo liner.

My CA new that he'd dropped the ball so many times that there was no way in hell he'd be getting a good score from me when the survey time came. He asked what he could do to get all 5's and I told him what I wanted. I should have asked for the bed liner too. Damn.

On a related note, the trunk liner from my 3 series actually fits quite nicely in the back of the X3.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
Spitfire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Do the do the survey in Canada? I didn't get anything at the pick-up. SAAB mailed one out to me a few weeks after with my last vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #26
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Do the do the survey in Canada? I didn't get anything at the pick-up. SAAB mailed one out to me a few weeks after with my last vehicle.
They do indeed; I got a phone call and then an email with an online address that led to a survey website.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #27
halohead52
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 TS w/Mojave

Garage List
2011 F25 28i  [0.00]
2006 E46 330 CiC  [0.00]
Thanks to everyone for your advice and comments about my dealer experience! (I've been out of the country and off-line for awhile.) I got a phone call apology, and have yet to fill out the survey, which will not be positive. It sounds like there's a great range of dealer experiences and "gifts"--but in the end, thank god it's a wonderful vehicle! Driving it is making up for the misery. My mantra is "F--k the dealer, enjoy the car."

Now--will I be sorry I traded in my 2005 325 convertible? It was such a classic!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #28
Drnelly
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
My CA gave me two sets of floor mats, a keychain and driving gloves for promising to give him all 10s. Hahaha
You must be a better poker player then me. All I got was two key chains with the dealer's phone number on them, and two crummy license plate frames with the dealer's name and number on them in giant print. They were the first things I removed from the car as soon as I got home. Had to pay full list for the floor mats and cargo liner.
Haha same here, I was lucky I didn't have to pay for the gas they put in before delivery.
      03-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #29
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Just make sure you reflect your experience in the scoring system. A friend of mine works at a dealership and their variable bonuses / compensation are highly contigent on customer satisfaction scores.
      03-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #30
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Would you post pics of the mojave? I'm still trying to get a good pic of that leather!
      03-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #31
halohead52
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 F25 28i  [0.00]
2006 E46 330 CiC  [0.00]
Fedinand, I will try to capture the color and post a photo. But I'm afraid it's never going to show up in a way that will satisfy--it's not a "solid" color, it changes with the light and the angle. I can sit in the car and look at the back seat and the back seat is not the same color as the driver's arm rest. In some lights it looks like milk chocolate, in others chocolate milk, in others a warm dove gray, in others dark chocolate! It's a beautiful, elegant, warm color that goes really well with the TS, and it's generally more chocolate milk than anything. It does not go well with the MS in my opinion. I've looked at the photos of the color on the BMW site as well as the ones folks have posted here, and it is all of those colors! But I'll make it a project and see what I can do.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #32
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by halohead52 View Post
Fedinand, I will try to capture the color and post a photo. But I'm afraid it's never going to show up in a way that will satisfy--it's not a "solid" color, it changes with the light and the angle. I can sit in the car and look at the back seat and the back seat is not the same color as the driver's arm rest. In some lights it looks like milk chocolate, in others chocolate milk, in others a warm dove gray, in others dark chocolate! It's a beautiful, elegant, warm color that goes really well with the TS, and it's generally more chocolate milk than anything. It does not go well with the MS in my opinion. I've looked at the photos of the color on the BMW site as well as the ones folks have posted here, and it is all of those colors! But I'll make it a project and see what I can do.
Thanks - the more pics I see the better!
      03-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #33
halohead52
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 F25 28i  [0.00]
2006 E46 330 CiC  [0.00]
Follow-up: I did the survey and got an email from corporate. I sent them a full explanation, and got a phone call. I've registered an official complaint. This dealership was purchased about 2 years ago by a larger chain; it seems things have gone a bit south since then. (And I'm working on those pics of Mojave....)
Appreciate 0