BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #23
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

I am with you on the OCD thing, but probably its more like I am a perfectionist. I don't like the dark colors on the X3 and in fact Silver is my favorite color. I have Titanium silver, which looks great in some light, but patchy in direct sunlight. I have not seen Glacier Silver, so I don't know how it compares. Although I love the Silver, I don't think I will do it again. I will choose either Alpine White or Mineral White - I think, although I don't like white as much as Silver. Good luck with your choice - I am sure you will love whatever color you choose!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #24
Oslermarine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 35i M-sport X3

I'm biased towards carbon black so I won't even mention it, especially because you can't get it on the x-line. Runner ups for me would have to be the sparkling brown or the space grey. Loved the latter in person and the former on pictures from another member. The regular black, white, and silver are a little too generic for me, but still make a great looking car.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #25
Karrint
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslermarine View Post
I'm biased towards carbon black so I won't even mention it, especially because you can't get it on the x-line. Runner ups for me would have to be the sparkling brown or the space grey. Loved the latter in person and the former on pictures from another member. The regular black, white, and silver are a little too generic for me, but still make a great looking car.
The carbon black is really nice, I've seen it in person. I don't love the front end on the M Sport, however. I also like the sparkling brown, but I have my heart set on the mocha interior and I think that would just be too much brown. My X5 was dark (sapphire black) and it drove me crazy keeping it looking nice. I did some more looking today and I think I'm back to the mineral white which is where I started. Hopefully that'll be a little less generic than plain white? I kind of wish there were more colors to choose from. I dunno. I'm sure I'll love it no matter what I choose, tho.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #26
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 MINI Countryman S ALL4

To each his own I suppose, but I (with bias) don't understand the "too much brown" comments...

How can you argue with this?

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #27
Karrint
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentyyc View Post
To each his own I suppose, but I (with bias) don't understand the "too much brown" comments...

It's quite nice actually. Now that I think about it it's no different than doing black on black, really, and that's rather a popular combination. Congratulations on your new x3!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #28
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:

If you ever lose your day job, you can always double as a UPS driver
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #29
BMW-X
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men
Quote:

If you ever lose your day job, you can always double as a UPS driver
Sorry I cannot resist, "What can brown do for you!"
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #30
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Don't forget to get the outfit with go with the car

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #31
Karrint
Private
Rep

...aaaand on another note ...just found out production on my vehicle has been delayed Ah well, more time to waffle. Might as well throw alpine white in the mix as opposed to the mineral white now because, well, I can....
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #32
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrint View Post
...aaaand on another note ...just found out production on my vehicle has been delayed Ah well, more time to waffle. Might as well throw alpine white in the mix as opposed to the mineral white now because, well, I can....
any idea why?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #33
Karrint
Private
Rep

Apparently my dealership didn't get their allocation for the diesel. Means more time in a rental car for me as my x5 was totaled
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #34
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep

To everyone who jumped on the brown/UPS theme, I say, well played!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #35
eldo33
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i B. Red/Terra

Garage List
2006 325i  [8.00]
Black on Black, White on Black, Grey on Black are OLDIES and UNCONVENTIONAL PLUS ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Any other colors makes the car standout and better looking.

To me those color combo makes the car so BLAHHHH.

2013 E350 - Wife
2013 GLK 4Matic - The Family
2006 BMW E90 325i - Self
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #36
Karrint
Private
Rep

^^^
No black interior for me for sure. Especially here in AZ. I have my heart set on the mocha with the orange stitching; I love it. I have now ruled out the glacier silver and am stuck between mineral white, alpine white, or sparkling brown. I know white isn't terribly exciting, but it's understated and easy to maintain, and I like the contrast with the brown interior. The sparkling brown is eye catching and definitely more unique, but more maintenance, and a lot of brown with that interior. I am probably way over thinking this, but I over think most everything, so....
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #37
kevink1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive28d

I actually liked the color choices from 2014 better. At least exterior. I was tending toward either the light blue, or the bronze metallic. The Deep Sea Blue and Brown metallic were not quite as good.

But since I've been wanting blue, I went with the Deep Sea Blue, and like it. The Saddle Brown interior has brought compliments.

Colors are very much a matter of preference. After 10 years of having a white vehicle, and a near silver car, I wanted something a little less neutral. But not something TOO bright.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #38
Karrint
Private
Rep

So. After all of that I went with alpine white. I really like the contrast with the mocha leather, and, after seeing mineral white on several different cars in person, I decided it was just too glitzy for me. It's pretty, but it kind of looks like it belongs on a Lexus or an Escalade. But that is just my opinion of course Maybe I'm boring, but to me the alpine white is sporty and classic, and will look great with the mocha and the brushed aluminum trim. Now I just have to wait....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #39
bentyyc
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrint View Post
Now I just have to wait....
Yep, Tom Petty time. Sounds like you made some great choices...!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #40
Karrint
Private
Rep

Just found out my X3 won't go into production until mid-August

...Trying to resist the urge to second guess myself and change the color again.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #41
GWWW
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528

I need help too

Ordered an X5 on Monday evening. Space grey exterior. Love that. Ordered the mocha interior against my better judgement but was told the canberra beige could be a problem if you wear blue jeans. 3 days later I'm still ruminating about the mocha choice with the space grey. Any feedback would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 03:00 AM   #42
luckystrike
First Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport

alpine white is the way to go , the best combo for the mocha is white,black or carbon black.
brown, gray etc wont do justice with the beauty of mocha . you made the best choice stick with it you will love it.

black saph./black leather/xenon/heated seatscomfort pkg./advantage pkg
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 09:06 AM   #43
Karrint
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
alpine white is the way to go , the best combo for the mocha is white,black or carbon black.
brown, gray etc wont do justice with the beauty of mocha . you made the best choice stick with it you will love it.
Yeah, I do like white with the mocha, just hoping I'm happy with the alpine. Sometimes I see cars in metallic white and I like it (saw an x1 the other day that was really striking) and then sometimes I think it just looks too pearly and flashy and don't like it. Hoping the alpine isn't too plain vanilla or appliance white looking, tho.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #44
Karrint
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWWW View Post
Ordered an X5 on Monday evening. Space grey exterior. Love that. Ordered the mocha interior against my better judgement but was told the canberra beige could be a problem if you wear blue jeans. 3 days later I'm still ruminating about the mocha choice with the space grey. Any feedback would be appreciated
I haven't seen space grey with mocha, but I have seen one with saddle brown and it was really a very nice combination. Have you considered that as an interior?
Appreciate 0