BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63

Just picked up 2013 DSB 35i M sport....first impressions

First off, PDC is great, no doubt everyone should do it if possible. Having been to other driving schools, I would have liked a bit more instruction/improvement, but that's not what this is about, it's more of a showcase of the cars abilities, and they did a great job. The whole experience is really well executed.

As for the car, it was evident 5 minutes into the drive home we made the right choice with this car. We evaluated a ton of options....

XC60-R (dealer was unrealistic about price, and lack of paddle shifters disappointed me. Also tech wasn't great, and that T-dash didn't thrill me)

GLK (great car but not for us....was the softest and most comfortable, but redesigned shifter on the tree and giant burl walnut dash...the only option...turned us off)

Q5 3.0T (again, dealer experience turned us off...."courtesy adjustment" kept being used as terminology instead of discount for example, just felt slimy. Not as quick as the X3, not as fun, but did everything average or above average. The more I looked at it the more the exterior design turned me off)

X1 (great car, tons of fun but lacking in features big time. When optioned as we like, it was approaching $50k...for a car with no elec e brake, no power tailgate, an aging 6spd transmission, etc. The more we drove it the more we felt it was cramped all around and at that price range...not worth it)

Evoque (fixed sunroof that didn't slide open killed it for us. Loved the exterior and interior but come on...really? Also could use more grunt...kind of boring)

This car is the perfect combination of everything. As I learned about the car from the PDC staff, I was shocked at how many neat innovations existed that, had I known, I would have jumped on this car earlier. The voice recognition is super fast and useful. The buttons you can hover your finger over and preset just about anything? Genius. Active ventilation...awesome. Etc etc.

Driving the car is a blast....we are going to keep it in sport mode and DS probably all the time. That's the type of throttle response we want all the time. Ride is comfortable, smooth and floats well on the highway. Nav/tech is going to take some time to figure out but we are on our way. Overall, everything we wanted in a car....utility, performance, comfort, technology, unique...we love it!! Glad we didn't wait for MY14, in fact I should have pulled the trigger much sooner after seeing how happy my wife was (her first brand new car). Frankly I have owned a few M cars and not a huge fan of the BMW brand...but they really hit a home run with this car, can't go wrong.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
pmacd55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235xi

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [0.00]
2011 328 xi  [0.00]
Best of luck with it. We love ours and loved the the PDC too. Post some pics when you can.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Bmwlvr60
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Congrats!
Appreciate 0